LF: Yomega Saber Raider

My beloved Saber Raider of around 25 years old has finally given up the ghost.
(the one that just died)

I’m looking to replace it. I thought I’d found it but it turned out to be the Saber Wing which (although fun) isn’t the same at all.

So I’m looking for a Saber Raider in useable condition.

I have some trade options or will pay $$

Shipping would have to be to Europe.

1 Like

Ebay is usually good for these

1 Like

Yeah I saw one…but E-bay charges outreagous shipping+ import fees. I found one on there but it’s $23 shipping on top of the $35 price.

So if someone can help me out I’d happily trade something cool against one.

1 Like

How about this one Alexander?

It’s 22 years new. It’s been in my shop since I got it new, lol.

You pay shipping from California and it’s yours.

I need nothing in trade. I can give it a value of five dollars and maybe your import fees will be close to nothing I don’t know? Since you live over there you obviously know more about shipping from here to over there than I do. You decide how you want me to ship it And that’s what we will do. I request nothing else but the shipping fee. I have several saber raiders. I will put another one in the package just to give it a little more weight, lol😎

19 Likes

So cool Doc! Amazing to me sometimes just what you’ve
got in yoyo heaven…!
Can you believe what one person is capable of?
You are the Man…Thank you for being the……
YoYo Community Godfather!

4 Likes

You are a boss. That is awesome. Thank you so much! I’ll hit you up on personal message and we’ll work things out.

I have more Saber Raiders and a bunch of Japanese Stealth Wings. But I also have brand new Raider bearing/spacer conversion kits.

I can also machine one for you to use response pads, lol.

Most of them have never even been out of package🙀

12 Likes

What’s the difference between the Saber Raider and the Stealth Wing?

1 Like

Stealth Wing has a plastic transaxle instead of a metal bearing and spacers.

Fortunately, many years ago I purchased a few cases of bearing conversion kits😎

3 Likes

Hows about the Stealth Raider? So many variations.

The stealth raider is simply the bearing version.

Stealth Raider/bearing version…Stealth Wing transaxle

Raider/bearing version… Fireball/transaxle.

Axles are slightly different lengths.

Regular raider and Stealth Raider axles are a different length to accommodate the bearing and spacers.

The plastic transaxles of the fire ball, and the stealth wing accommodate the plastic sleeve/transaxle because it works out to be slightly different with dimension than the two spacers and the bearing… If I remember correctly? It’s been along time since I screwed around with any of them. I just happen to have a whole lot of them for whatever reason?

If memory serves the stealth wing, and the fire ball axles are slightly thicker in diameter. I say that because back in the day many many moons ago… Yomega actually sold axles, especially for use with the bearing spacer set ups.

If I have a chance tonight after I get home from work, I’m gonna get out the conversion kit, a stealth wing stealth raider, raider and fireball.

I will refresh my memory on what’s what. But what I remember is the fireball axles always had a kind of a chrome finish to them and we are a little fatter. The raider axles usually had some kind of military green coating on them and were slightly thinner in diameter. I remember having his bright idea of changing a fire ball over to a raider configuration and the spacers would not fit on the fire ball axle. Etc….

Ooo very interesting. I love the shape, I think I’m going to order one. Do you have a preference for one over the other when it comes to response? I was leaning toward the Stealth Raider/Saber Raider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.