LF: OD 2016 Benchmark W in NICKLE

Desperately seeking: One Drop 2016 Benchmark W in nickle finish to complete my collection of nickel 2016 Benchmarks. I’m willing to drop $100 or so on it if it is in M/NM condition. Thanks!

benchmark_w

6 Likes

First bump.

-@-@-@-

3 Likes

Bump.

-@-@-@-@-

1 Like

Facebook could probably find you one in a few days at most, that’s where everyone’s BSTing

2 Likes

I am on the Facebook BST. I post my LF every so often and am on the lookout for one throughout the day, every day. So far, no joy. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The traditional way to handle this is to keep increasing the amount you are willing to pay, thus people are more incentivized to find it and/or sell it to you.

1 Like

I’m simply going to have to be patient. I do have a limit that I’m willing to pay. So it is a matter of waiting for someone to come along willing to sell at that price. If nobody ever sells, well it’s sad trombones for me, I guess.

1 Like

Bump.

-@-@-@-

3 Likes

Yeah, tell me about it.

1 Like

Sorry had to.

P.S. I hope you get it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think it’s going to happen. I wonder if it would easier to track down the set of 3 raw models from 2013.

Like what @codinghorror says Its all about the Benjamins

1 Like

If only that was all it was about. There are plenty of other factors involved. Like whether anyone who owns one—and is willing to part with it at any price—ever sees my BST posts (here or on Facebook). I don’t think any of them have.

1 Like

If you raise the price to a certain level, people will tell other people, who then tell other people… and… network effects.

Trust me. This works. I’ve seen it work.

You just aren’t willing to raise the price enough to see that happen so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few people offer a finders reward too, paying someone to simply direct them to someone else that has one

1 Like

So I was able to draw out a number of owners of this yoyo by asking (on the Facebook BST) if it even exists in nickel. This challenge got them to come out of hiding and prove it exists by showing photos for theirs.

In every case but one (so far), their owners have complete sets, and aren’t going to break up their collections just to sell off one (the W). In the other case, the guy has the W but is looking for the H to complete his set. Finding an isolated W is the real challenge.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.