LF : Anti-yo Bapezilla

I was told this is an impossible task - and to not bother, but here we are!

Really trying hard to find one for my wife.

She collects throwers (as she says) and has been trying to hunt one down for over 2 years.

Happy to pay whatever someone is selling one for. Also, if you have good feedback happy to f&f or whatever is needed.

I apologize if this is not allowed (she’s the expert here not me :sweat_smile:)

Thanks so much!

4 Likes

You might get lucky. I’ve seen more bapes listed in the last 3 months than I have over the last 3 years. I recommend also joining the Yoyo BST Facebook page as well - increase your chances of finding one any way you can :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just to give you an idea an og bape in near mint to mint condition will probably go for around $450-500. If she’s a collector this is the price you’ll have to pay unfortunately.

If you need an alternative for slightly cheaper checkout Round Spinning Objects. They remade the bapezilla in titanium and it’s fantastic. It doesn’t have the collectability as the original, but has far superior manufacturing. This will run you around $300-350

If she wants something that is collectable and plays similarly to the original bape you can pickup a bape2/viszilla. Superior manufacturing to the original but it’s still aluminum. This will probably run you between $300-$400

Finally for the cheapest options you can pickup is a Round Spinning Objects End pt2 or Static Company Sudo. Both are similar to the original Bape in shape and play, but have been produced relatively recently so they will go for far less around $80-120.

I included some pictures of each throw for a reference. Colors will vary for each throw other than the original bapezilla.

11 Likes

Thank you for that info! I’m aware of the price and do not mind it !

1 Like

I am going to offer you some free advice you certainly didn’t ask for.

But, in an earlier response, you mentioned that if somebody had what you are looking for, you would do F&F if necessary to make the deal.

Ok… here is the ‘advice’>

If you sat in a dark corner, wearing a magical Thinking cap, and you turned your mental gears for 24 straight hours…… there would be no logically acceptable reason for you to do Friends and Family on a Collectibles purchase.

You already made it clear you will bounce for the bill. Which needs no deeper explanation.

But, that being stated, if you have the bucks to swing the deal, another $3 per hundred, to get the Insurance to inspire a clean deal, should be a piece a cake.

You don’t need to jump through an extra hoop to prove that you’re serious about completing your mission.

I know you just joined this forum the other day. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve never ‘visited’. Because if you have viewed the Forum, you would see over time that people find out F&F can be a very inexpensive way to generate a very expensive Headache.

The F&F option picked up considerable steam in the last year+ because the IRS was going to start sending out tax forms to people that went over a certain threshold of yo-yo sales. That threat has been officially been put off while they figure out a better way to implement screwing people out of more money with less pain involved.

But some people have decided the Friends and Family option is the way to go. Until things go wrong…

I am aware that free good advice is not always accepted or appreciated. But I can’t let that discourage me from giving you a heads up on the subject.

Good luck on your hunt…

PS… would just like to clarify something about F&F. There ‘are’ a number of people on this Forum that ‘are’ friends. Maybe even a few that are family? If…… members are swinging BST deals with Friends…. Why not, they are friends, lol. But without a 2-way trust factor, no way, lol.
I was also aware before I posted, that you stated you would be willing to do f&f if the seller had a good feedback rating. Certainly sounds reasonable.’
But over the years we’ve had instances of people with good ratings ‘goin south’ on a deal as they are fading out, lol…

4 Likes

They’ve gone up quite a bit. An OG with box sold for $650 last year. Then a couple months ago one without a box sold for $850, then last month one was posted for $1200 and sold on a best offer.

Then recently a Bape2 sold for $600 another for $500.

AntiYo continues to go up in price. Will be interesting to see where the ceiling is.

2 Likes

another sold for $1k too

2 Likes

Bump

Appreciate the appraisal on the page - good to know what to expect from those that have one !

2 Likes

Have a good week bump!

Bump

Bump

1 Like

Admin please close - thanks!

1 Like