KK ceramic bearing got responsive

Put it on a stick and spin it in the solvent you are using, acetone is the best, If it’s still rough you may have a fractured ball. Send it back.

I just picked up some acetone and a jar just for that. I actually have a few new yoyos that need their bearings cleaned. I’ll see how it compares to mineral spirits.

I have a kk ceramic bearing. Mine became extremely loud and responsive. I de-shielded mine, cleaned it with mineral spirits per the video that Studio 42 posted on the first page. I then used a single drop of thin yoyojam lube and all is now better. As everyone else has said, definitely take off the shields if you haven’t. That can work wonders. Especially if it is gritty and there is something stuck inside.

It still feels kind of gritty but it is not responsive.

Yeah, I’ve heard the KK ceramic bearings get loud and responsive if you don’t put lube on them.

Got responsive again!!! >:( PPLLLEEEEAAAAASE help!

Like everyone else said clean it then put lube on it. Are you sure your cleaning it correctly? And what solvent are you using? Make sure you put lube on it afterwards to so It doesn’t die out. Here’s a link to how to clean a bearing properly.

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,871.0.html

The ceramic balls in the bearings I use are zirconium dioxide, white like pearls.
Once treated they never require lube. Just slows them down.

Beat me to it.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter