Jason Lee video posted on YYE.... does that trick have a name?

I don’t know if this should be posted here… or the VIDEO section… or the TRICK section… It is not a video of me, nor a trick I can do… but I’ll leave that up to the powers that be to move if need be.

I just got done watching the Jason Lee video posted by YYE on the blog side of things

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/?p=2242

FIrst, let me say this is the first time I have watched Jason Lee - AND I’m blown away by his technique… where most guys (like John Ando, which I really enjoy watching) are flying at blistering speeds and it’s all TPM (tricks per minute)… Jason has a much slower, methodical/technical approach that I had not truly seen before - poetry in motion…

So if you haven’t seen the Weapon of Choice video (above) check it out…

but I do have a question - there is a move he repeats a couple of times, but does it first at the beginning (around the 9 second mark, and a slightly altered version at the 34 second mark, again at 1:07, 2:09) that looks like a trapeze in slow motion, kind of stalls the yoyo before it goes down the string.  Keep in mind I am a newbie - I don’t see hubstacks, so is he just ‘grinding’ the inner lip? I realize it maybe something simple - but I’m amazed out how he really isn’t losing momentum. It’s like he just throws it into this slomo thing… it’s almost the yoyo-equivalent to dancing to dubstep…

which makes me think, why isn’t anyone using dubstep (besides the fact dubstep can be annoying)  for their videos, instead of the same’ol-same’ol techno (equally as boring at times) - although I like Jason Lee’s choice of song; Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Back to the question at hand - is there a name for that trick? I can’t say I’ve ‘looked’ for it, but I don’t really think I’ve seen it done in other videos…

I also enjoy the (for lack of terminology) elbow tricks seen at 2:18, and the almost violin like moves at 2:27

Anyhow… until I can figure them (the tricks) out - I will live vicariously through the videos…

It’s a chopstick-related trick. It’s the first time I’ve seen that trick by mister Lee so you just gotta have to watch the video slowly.

And keep in mind that Jason Lee brought chopstick mount tricks to the next level that got him a Trick Innovator Award. [I forgot who actually invented it…could be Jason too.]

If I remember correctly, Kohta Watanabe first invented the chopstick mount.