Is my Triptych fake?

:v:

Just scored a 69 and was looking through a/rt IG since I’m close to Ash catching them all. Only need a Diptych, B7, regular 420 and I did it.

I noticed my Trip was in a color not posted and that made me concerned it was a fake. The painted rims have bubble holes, see pic. And on the site it’s described as “a big boy” which I wouldn’t describe that way. They also said it comes with gold NSK bearing which this one isn’t gold. The finish also feels like none of my other a/rt throws. Then again, neither does my 69 and I’m 100% sure that’s real.

If I should take it a part for more pics let me know. I can also take comparison pics of other a/rt throws I know are real.

Thank you for your help. :crossed_fingers: Here’s to hoping it’s a prototype or something.

4 Likes

I think it’s authentic. Probably just not a production which makes it more special imo and explains the bearing .Raw/clear look really nice.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s what I was hoping for. That would definitely make it more special to me too. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I have a black Triptych with a red ring around the side - it is also not listed on the site, I just assumed it was another run in general?

1 Like

Those were b grades. Only clear with blue was released as a grade.

6 Likes

Awesome thanks

2 Likes

My g!! :pray::pray::pray:

Those were the facts I needed. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Looks pretty sus to me. I’d just ask Jensen man he’s pretty active on Insta. None of us will know but he’ll be able to tell you instantly. This isn’t a color that they released as an A or B-grade and the cup looks way off compared to a real one to me. Maybe this was a prototype or something but to me it doesn’t look right. Just ask Jensen and report back cuz now I’m curious haha

The colors released were black w/red ring b-grade, purple w/ pinkishred b-grade, and green w/ orange b-grade. A-grades were clear/blue. Also if I remember correctly none of the b-grades came with gold nsk’s

Some pics of mine for reference… I dunno jus looks a lil different in spots but could definitely be the photos

4 Likes

Remember the 69 was a collab with OST (Old School Throws) not sure if those were machined by One Drop. My Trypditch B-Grade, the A-Grades went super quick. Jungle B-oogie colorway

5 Likes

I’ll take some better pictures, get with the good folks at a/rt and report back. Thank you for the input.

1 Like

Updates:

• the guy I bought from said he bought it from Tyler Vienneau. PayPal screen shots included.

• according to Jensen: The bubbles happened to some of the bgrades. He thinks because of the white paint it could be a one of one but couldn’t say for a fact. He thinks it was one of the tester ones. He said the machining on it looks like OD and he puts his stamp on it as a Bgrade. As far as he knows there haven’t been any attempts to make fake Triptych.

7 Likes

Nice dude thanks for the update. That’s awesome.

4 Likes

There are some fake Trypditch out there, this one was on the Japanese auction site a few months ago. When I mentioned it to Jensen, he didn’t care. There is a thread dedicated to some more recent fakes.

However yours above looks legit if its from Tyler

3 Likes

Mmm the plot thickens… But Ill choose to believe it’s probably real if it came from Tyler. That is crazy that there are fakes out there though.

4 Likes

That looks like pyramat finish honestly

3 Likes

this was a nice morning read l0l. glad it turned out to be real. i probs wouldnt even have questioned it if it came from tyler.

1 Like

Haha glad you enjoyed. I had a hard time finding the convo of me and the buyer. When I finally did he quickly responded with screenshots and I’m more then confident now it’s legit.

1 Like