Is magic yo-yo underrated?

Of this I have no doubt. I think that many of the early Magicyoyo models still seen for sale on eBay were produced years ago. They would have had runs of them in the thousands.

4 Likes

I see what your saying, maybe underrated is the wrong word. What I mean is that there are underrated in the sense that people underestimate how high quality their yo-yos can be. People only look at them as cheap $10 yo-yos. However they have lots of yo-yos that compete with company’s like yoyofactory.

1 Like

I highly doubt that’s the case with Magicyoyo. If people saw them as cheap $10 yoyos, nobody would be recommending them to anyone because they are not of good quality. The reason why they get recommended so often is precisely because of how high quality their yoyos are at such a low price point. If that was not the case, they would be relegated to same tier as bootlegs and random brands on amazon, like Sidekick yoyo and Beeboo. Dylan Kowalski frequently touts their smoothness on his reviews of Magicyoyos, and that’s before he got sponsored by them. He has a huge catalog of reviews of old Magicyoyos that was done before he got sponsored.

There is a reason why people also buy their high end yoyos like the Vulfgang, Katana and the Carpfin, all of them being much more expensive than their usual budget offerings, costing about $100 for the bimetals Vulfgang and Katana and $50 for the monometal Carpfin. If what you are saying is that people are looking at Magicyoyo as a purely budget yoyo company, then that isn’t true as well, since people are still buying their more expensive offerings and are giving rave reviews about them as well. Just look back on past mailday threads and you can see lots of talk about the Vulfgang and the Vulfgang 7075. Also, I think Tokyoyo’s favourite yoyo was the Carpfin for a period of time. Those yoyos don’t appear on the BST often which sort of shows that people like those yoyos.

2 Likes

guys who like organics: It’s not underrated.

Dudes who like performance: It is underrated

Me: in the middle.

Case closed

4 Likes

Thats understandable. I really want to try the magic yoyo bi and z01 focus

2 Likes

Makes sense

3 Likes

Get the z01 it’s super good!

1 Like

I’m going toooooo

2 Likes

I have the bi and the z01
Both are good… the bi is almost an exact copy of the shape of the grasshopper gtx but dimensions are smaller and lighter. Its definitely not as good as the gtx (the epitome of bimetal performance in my opinion) but for the price its good.
The z01 is really fast, I don’t have the skill to see what it can do. It is a little on the smaller side by no means undersized. Its the kind of yoyo that will speed up on its own. Really stable.
I will probably end up selling the bi but might hold onto the z01

2 Likes

I have the grasshopper gtx, orbital gtx, and the tourney. Out of these 3 I prefer the orbital gtx. Love the grasshopper gtx too though, definitely a great yoyo. I’ve heard great things about both the bi and z01 so I gotta get my hands on both to see what they can do

MagicYoyo is rated correctly maybe even on the high side. They clearly sell more yoyos then any other company.

3 Likes

Consistently inconsistent if you will. :smiley:

1 Like

I liked every one I had, although some were a little on the heavy side. I kept the node after a purge of my collection, simply because it is so comfortable to throw, and very stable. A little bit heavy, but the playability/cost value is tremendous. I sold my Carpfin, but agree with above, it played way above it’s price point.

3 Likes

I have to agree on many feel too heavy. With that being said I do wish the Herts was just a bit heavier. They’re all good yoyos but they always felt like they have one thing missing from making them great.

2 Likes

currently throwing a t8 shadow and although i don’t have anything to compare it to (it’s my first unresponsive yo-yo) i still love it

6 Likes

may I ask you what kind of problems did you have with any models and what models were they? (early models or newer models, etc.)
thank’s

2 Likes