Introducing the PatCon signtarure series: Theory [Pictures!]

Your Yoyo is almost perfect! Just needs a flamejob and a spoiler!

Ugh. Iā€™ve been having issues with the machine shop Iā€™m working with. The problem is, they want to produce a design that is suitable for mass-production, but my intentions were not to make that much. Iā€™m on the search for more specific local shops.

Stay tuned. Some good might come of this yet.

Define ā€œnot make that muchā€.

Do you mean ā€œI donā€™t want to end up reaping massive profits from this so I can wipe by rear with $20 billsā€ kind of ā€œnot make that muchā€

Or ā€œI only wanted to make a small quantity of theseā€.

However, based on the size, I think even making a few would be mass production as that thing is massive!

Woah man, who made that monsterous thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

me

I dunno mann!

This thread was every entertaining to read, thank you to everyone who posted on it. ;D

I would say that what you should really do is save your money for when it releases. The thing that will REALLY be entertaining is playing one. I know I will.

just a quick question, Whats the Weight gonna be? I mean if itā€™s gonna be on the heavy side String is gonna be an issue, I make string and I must say that your normal string is pretty strong. But after 3-4 good throws and you might end up sending it across the room and put a hole in the wall lol. Iā€™m almost betting that this 40wt Rayon/Viscose twisting in the right thickness would make a strong enough string

Well, the axle snapped, soā€¦

Son, I am disappoint

What Material was it that you where using?

Every time I go to the hardware store I always see in one of the corners a Box of different Lengths and Sizes of Metal Threaded Rods (I donā€™t know maybe Steel or Aluminum) and when I see them I alway think to myself that those could be useful, for what Iā€™m not sure but something will come to mind. So Maybe, Just Maybe it could work for your Theory and even make it a little stronger, who knows.

I know that some hardware stores like Ace or Aubuchon Hardware and even Home Depot or Loweā€™s Carry Threaded Rods of different sizes and I know their long, but Iā€™m not sure if they can cut the length you want or if you have to buy it the length it comes (but nothing a Hack Saw canā€™t handle). so heres what I was thinking
Click Here For Pics

Never use all thread for an axle. Cutting and getting the end of the threads right so it will screw into the yo is a bit tough. Better just go to a place like ACE Hardware and buy set screws. Thatā€™s all the yoyo manufacturers use. They donā€™t make their axles. They buy them. I bought 100 for a lot less than you think.

The problem isnā€™t getting the set screws, itā€™s waiting and finding a shop so I can remachine new halves to accommodate the 1/2" axle