Icthus issue

Icthus is a slow shipper, but as everyone knows, he’s far from a scammer. He’ll probably make it up to you some way.

A quick update about this.

I received a package this week. It included 8 Agape shells for modding and one Agape with no response, the wrong axle, and some sort of caked up dirt/grit in the bearing seat.

I appreciated Casey sending the extra modder fodder halves as an effort to compensate for the ridiculousness of all of this. I don’t mind dings, or vibe, but it was deeply disappointing after waiting for close to two years to still not receive a complete yoyo that didn’t require work to make it functional. Casey wrote me in a PM yesterday that he is apparently arranging for an axle and pads to be sent to me.

In any event, I’ll not be posting any further about this matter, though I think it right that this thread remain here for future reference.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/rigo311/PA171402.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/rigo311/PA171403.jpg

Wait 9 Yoyos?

8 non-functioning halves, I think.

I still think Casey should be banned or at the very least stripped of his administrator title. This whole event was ridiculous and the fact that he got away with 22 months without shipping is terrible! I think this shows that Icthus is not responsible enough to handle such a high position as admin when he can’t even simply ship out a yoyo on time.

So 5 yoyos for the price of one?

Guys, remember that Jrod is also a top notch modder :wink:

regardless, coming from someone who has been banned in the past, not permanently thank goodness, but banned i was for simply putting irrelevant things in threads. but simply because he is a moderator he can withhold someones property for almost 2 years without any repercussions. if nothing else this seems a little unfair to me. these are kids toys that can in turn be enjoyed by anyone. keep in mind that the acts of adults in the community, especially ones with reputations and respect, have large impacts on the children that frequent these boards.

Exactly! I truly don’t think “rockstar rules” apply here and get to just let Icthus off the hook for this when anyone else who did this would get banned in a matter of weeks!

So he should have to machine bearing seats into every yoyo he buys?

Matter of weeks? More like days!

You mean months?

I today received a package from André, who decided to put an end to this situation for Icthus by sending me a pair of axles and pads. This situation is now resolved.

I really hate to bring this up again. I really do. But another issue has been brought to my attention by Jacob Gross. He was very reluctant to post anything about this but decided it best that the community be aware.

From Jacob:
"Buyer beware.

Casey had a good reputation for his mod work on yoyos. I had 2 fhz that he was going to work on. I paid and shipped to him in late January. After 10 months, many messages, and excuses later I have gotten my 2 FHZ back. They have not been modded, and I did not get a refund for the work I paid him to do.

I’m sharing this with potential buyers in mind. If your dealing with Casey don’t expect to get your mod work done, or expect to get any product you buy from him in a timely fashion.

Jacob Gross"

I don’t mod, sell, buy or trade anymore so no one has to worry about anything with me. Heck I don’t even yoyo hardly anymore. I am taking care of matters like I always do. I’m just not doing it in a timely matter like I should. I am in the wrong. I know this. I am sorry to anyone this has affected.

Just to note, I’ve had a personal mod being done by someone else that has been out for over 3 years. I know how this feels to others. I still won’t make his name known. I have complete faith in this person. He is also one of the best modders out there and it’s not Kyo fyi.

My statement above was in no way taking away from what I did to a few people. I was in the wrong. Not Jacob nor anyone else for that matter. I apologize to anyone I have affected. Especially Jacob.

Jake, you oughtn’t feel in any way guilty about bringing to light the fact that Icthus still has an unresolved issue with you and owes you money. The only way the trade feedback system works is for us to make these issues public. Like any other member of YYE, Icthus needs to be held accountable to resolving that with you, and he has yet to do so. It was commendable of you to step down, Icthus, and we all appreciate very much that you are taking responsibility for resolving what hasn’t yet been resolved. We will also look forward to hearing that all outstanding trades have been taken care of expediently.

Hello!

I have up until this point left my interactions with Casey (Icthus) private, but since it seems to be public opinion that all accounts are squared, It should be brought public that at least one more transaction hasn’t been made good on yet (for perspective, its going on 2 years), and was one of the reasons I stepped back from my active role in the online community (long time YYN Mod).

~ReverendYo