I make art

D.O.P.E!!!
Edit: stupidy reason!

What is an Akita version?

yooo that needs to be a shirt. I would 100% buy it.

2 Likes

Thank you. Someone already spent time drawing that dog design so out of respect for their work I would never mess around with it in any way.

OMG. I’M SO STUPID.

That’s the original box drawing, that’s awesome!!!

Hahahaha now everything makes sense!!! You draw those drawings for the Elysium project… Now I see, that the real deal, the final product!!!

Man, ****, I’m so dumb!!! Congratulations, I believe this feeling should be the top for an artist, to have your art exposed…
I don’t feel embarrassed because i’m just STUPID!

I must remove the older posts, It doesnt make any sense.

2 Likes

My favorite is the one where the alien is taking pics of the astronauts!

7 Likes

Nice thread and some nice entries. I’ve had several posts about retirement and my many hobbies. One of my new hobbies learning to draw. I don’t have anyone around for lessons so it is all from books, internet and YouTube. I have my Prismacolor pencils and sketch pads. For learning I have settled into Zentangles. Not for artistic value, but for practice and repetition of drawing simple shapes. It’s a start and I enjoy it, but no, I am not posting anything. Just not ready.

4 Likes

I love doodling / zentangle stuff and do that a lot in my sketchbook when I want to turn my brain off and get lost in repetition. You should try Sharpie fine point no-bleed pens. They are awesome. Post some of your zentangles!

6 Likes

I had not seen those before. I have regular sharpies and fine points in multicolor packs but not the no bleed version. Got on Amazon and they are sold out except for the 8 pack. Put them in my cart. Will pick them up with my next order. Going to be March before the larger sets are back in stock.

1 Like

I always loved the style but never knew the proper term for it! Ive also been meaning to try those new sharpie ball points…

2 Likes

I just buy packs of the black from Wally. They are my go-to pens for drawing. I have Microns for when I need tiny details.

I never trust ballpoints for art unless they’re Bic or Papermate. Cheaper brands use lousy ink that can blob out. I never tried the Sharpie ballpoints though but suspect they’d be good.

2 Likes

I do graphic design - had some time to kill earlier and decided while I’m currently stuck at home, wanted to start a series of digital art. I’m a theme park junkie and decided to make some posters based on past and present coasters that are in the Bay Area…started off with an old classic known as “Tidal Wave” that resided at the Great America theme park.

I had also done this project a while back for a friend’s living room

11 Likes

6 Likes

www.chrisfrancz.com

5 Likes

lalahINTRO
SLEEPDEMONS

4 Likes

From my sketchbook.
www.chrisfrancz.com

7 Likes

That is cool

1 Like

Amazing stuff! I drew a stick figure once. Wish I would have taken a pic of it so I could post it here. It was EPIC!

2 Likes

I did an experiment this week while practicing Zentangles. Similar drawing, one using cheap Crayola colored pencils and one using more expensive Prismacolor. Wow, what a difference. I knew the Prismacolor cost quite a bit more than the cheap Crayola but I had no idea that the difference in color on paper would be so striking. It was really evident in yellows and fleshtones. I also noticed that Prismacolor blended colors more when they overlap while Crayola didn’t. With Crayola, the second color applied tended to cover the first.

1 Like