I have had just about enough

This is the driving force behind my even considering taking the time to write some reviews. I like that some of these sites have gone to the trouble, and it’s sometimes helpful, but I generally do not trust them because I don’t feel like they’re realistic. Kind of weird because it’s the only community where I’ve found this to be the case.

This just caught my eye because I wondered if anyone else noticed that buying the Ann Connelly Whip is actually cheaper than buying the Center-Trac that’s in it. I bought two just to part them out for the bearing.

I was kind of thinking the same thing for myself: score a bearing, pop a flat in and go for it. It so cheap(in price) it’s like “hey, buy the bearing, we’ll throw in a string and the box and the yoyo for free”. It does play a little bit better thanks to the bearing. Still too light though, but I can’t make myself throw away perfectly good stuff.

:smiley:

this exactly, private reviews are totally unreliable because people are not being objective, they just want to justify their spendings even if it means lying to themselves (and others in the process)

I try to be objective in my reviews, but I write in french so that’s not much help.

truth is, any throw above $30 nowadays will be smooth, stable and long spinning (at a few exceptions), there will be no major difference in performance between a $30-50$ entry level metal and a $130 high end metal, the most of the difference will be finish and maybe some “personality” (entry level throws perform but most of them -not all tho- are kinda boring to play)

but $130 throws won’t allow tricks that any given $30 throw wouldn’t, they’ll just look and feel better, they will also resell better.

the only things you should know are on every shop, diameter, width, weight, bearing size, shape and color. Find out the specs YOU like and make a decision for yourself, don’t demand others to spend hours writing just so you don’t take any chances (yes, a good review takes hours to write, not to mention that a good review is for a throw that the reviewer actively played for an extensive period of time)

if you want to be happy in life, don’t expect anything from others and don’t act like anything should be just given to you because you ask, not even nicely I must say.

yoyo community is not about being aggressive and self entitled. Be nice and people will help you out.

This.

Yuki

0%

If you ask any yoyo company if you should buy their yoyo, or how good it is, what do you think they’re going to say?
Also, as Yomorrow said before, there has been no bad yoyo over $100. They’re all good, and he said it’s hard to design a bad yoyo over a hundred dollars. Just get what looks the best to you and go with it, you won’t be disappointed.

Get one! One of the best throws made this year.

While I am no expert I can tell you this, my El ranchero is my go to throw its absolutely amazing. The spin times are great and it plays amazing. It is my heaviest throw yet it plays incredibly light while looking amazing. It’s an incredible throw, you should definitely buy one!