Hubstacks on a YYF Protostar?

I am planning on getting a YYF Protostar and was wondering if there is any way to put hubstacks on one?

NO

x52, stop posting on things you don’t know about.

As for you Evan, yes, you can. But with the protostar, it’ll take a really good modder to do it. I’d suggest going with a yoyo that already has hubstacks, but if you really want a Protostar with hubs, contact eithe Kyo or RiceRocket and they will be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck

Yeah, it would be very very tough, you’d have to cut the rounded nubs off and it would just be crazy

It is possible, I saw hubstacked protostar but its really not worth it…

And if you mess up you won’t be able to screw your Protostar back together.

Why not?

Yes you can if you screw up. Or if you don’t like the stacks. It really isn’t worth it.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but if you mess up putting hubstacks on, i.e. the axle nuts are not fully in, you won’t be able to screw your Protostar back together. You will have to cut away the plastic very precisely or the nuts will come out.

The nuts come out on Z’s all the time. People stack them all the time. All you need to do is put them back in properly.

1 Like

Oh. Sorry if I confused anyone.

All that you do is cut the dome in the center off, but send it to an experienced modder

this is a pic of Taka’s protostar

What’s that around the hubstacks? A centrifugal clutch??? ???
Did he made a Protostar “with Brain”!?! ;D

Kind of looks like an LED

it is a led

correct me if im wrong, but if you hubstack a protostar that comes with vibe (as they all do, or most, at least) wont the stack kit make the hubstacks pretty darn wobbly?

My Protostar didn’t vibe till after a few arial drops…

And as long as the mod is done well it shouldn’t vibe too bad…