How to get sponsored

Here’s a good example of one way to get sponsored.

He came up with this bit and then rode it non stop for what feels like years.

I’m not suggesting you do this, exactly, but he’s been yoyoing and having fun on his own terms for a long time, and it just happened to fit into G2’s strategy as they were moving into the toilet market.

11 Likes

A good place to start is giving a company a reason to sponsor you, no one is just gonna pm you on here and say “hey, want to join (company name)?” you need to have something to show, usually posting a lot of good content on youtube or Instagram is the number one way, and also doing well in competitions helps a lot, if you don’t post anywhere and don’t compete in contests then you have no chance of getting sponsored.

10 Likes

i mean companies will, but only if you have proven yourself in a way

7 Likes

Yeah that does happen.

3 Likes

I followed that up with “you need to have something to show” implying that unless you post stuff they won’t, if someone doesn’t even know what you look like or how good you are then they definitely won’t

10 Likes

yeah, u sponsored?

4 Likes

I have been approached by a few companies in the past and I’d say just stand out as best you can. You need to have something unique that will appeal to the company that makes you a better candidate than anyone else who they could sponsor.

12 Likes

Nope

5 Likes

Just wanted to say that your videos are straight up awesome though.
Um… that is kind of all I wanted to say :joy:

6 Likes

Worst way to get sponsored> your primary reason is ‘wanting free yoyos’.

The Best way is to practice and get sooooo good that potential Sponsors will contact you.

Sponsors are Always looking for people that show more than one ‘talent’.

Mad skills obviously get high marks.

But those that exhibit other talents make a better impression.

Personality, stage presence, ability to get along and communicate with others. A reasonably good sense of humor. A winning attitude. A Team player mentality. A willingness to travel to various venues. A good work ethic. Attend Contests. Volunteer to give Demos. Make and post videos. Impress potential Sponsors with your talents. Stay out of trouble. Don’t display bad habits. Bad habits ‘don’t get overlooked’ because you think your skills cancel them. Get good grades in School. Stupid or just plain ignorant players do not reflect well on the Brand.

… I could go on for quite a while.

But one thing is for certain>

Trying to qualify for Free yoyos is the ‘Exact opposite’ of a good starting point.

8 Likes

Awee!! Thank you so much!! It means a lot :slight_smile: :heart:

4 Likes

You’re more than welcome, Thank you for the content!
Enjoyed the Scales FS too.

5 Likes

yeah i enjoyed watching!

4 Likes

Chain smoking WHILE yoyoing is not a good way to get sponsored. I can’t count all the yoyo videos I’ve watched when the person has a cigarette dangling from their lips the whole time. The smoke makes it hard to see what’s going on if they’re doing a tutorial. Plus, smoking is bad.

9 Likes

Having other skills outside of yoyo, especially in a smaller or newer brand, can definitely help. I.e. graphic design, photography, videography, marketing/sales, CAD, etc
I mostly have photography and graphic design experience to thank for my sponsorship.
Some other random tips:

1. If you have a company in mind that you really like, start making videos using their yoyos, they just might take notice.
  2. Be active on various social media platforms
  3. Create tutorials or find other ways to help out other members in the community
  4. Go to contests/yoyo club/meetups if you can
15 Likes

hi I am the author of this topic and i took everyone’s tips thank you not sponsored atm bit i think you have helped me have better chances thank you

5 Likes

who would you want to be sponsored by?

1 Like

yoyofactory

3 Likes

do you have a yt or ig?

1 Like

what do yt and ig mean

1 Like