How Much Is Your Collection Worth

Geez, and here I am feeling vaguely guilty about a collection of standard off the shelf throws totaling about 60$. Maybe showing my wife this thread will get me some leeway and reduce the raised eyebrows when I start cruising the retail sites. :slight_smile:

wow awesome collection! thanks for sharing :slight_smile: love and enjoy it jason!

1 Like

Just got some new stuff. So now were up to 4100.
If death ever gets back to me I will be on the hook for a few hundred more.
Still better than my friends and their hobbys!

what car do you drive?

This is probably why he didnā€™t post what he has. 'cause someone would criticize and say junk. Why should he feel obligated to share, why judge!!
What a backhanded compliment, ā€˜gee shouldnā€™t you shareā€™ thanks for showing us anyway. To Each His Own!

1 Like

Iā€™ve refrained from posting in this thread because I didnā€™t want my collection to come off as boasting.

I amassed my yoyos because they make me happy and itā€™s been a fun journey to collect and trade for them. The dollar value of the collection isnā€™t the focus.

4 Likes

Out of pure curiosityā€¦ Jason if you were to file an insurance claim what would you ask for compensation for your ā€œlossā€? Not asking for you to break it down, just an estimate of what you feel it is worth. Just to put everyoneā€™s questions to rest.

Around $300 I know Iā€™m so expensive :stuck_out_tongue: then again I canā€™t get a bunch of yo-yos but when I do but yoyos I buy them all at once so I have a better time saving up again.

A little over 200

Depends how I answer it.

Thereā€™s ā€œWhat the stores wanted for it when I bought itā€.
Then thereā€™s ā€œWhat I paid for itā€.

Those two I can answer.

What itā€™s worth? Thatā€™s an entirely unknown and LOWER number. What it is worth to me, I cannot place value on.

My answer, like JasonWongZero will also be withheld. The enjoyment I get from my ever growing collection, as well as sharing it with others at meets and contests, cannot have a dollar value that I can place on it. Again, it may also come off as boasting or showing off.

1 Like

Well said Jason and Chris. Iā€™m guilty of always posting pictures of my yoyos, but I always hoped it didnā€™t come off as showing off, rather itā€™s the pure love of these objects that raises them to a level of ā€˜Artā€™ that makes it irresistable not to share. especially Jasonā€™s work. Itā€™s the chance to share this love with
Like minded people that brings a lot of joy. Iā€™ve collected my entire life not for monetary gain just for the joy of it.
So priceless is the answer.

Right, if you post price then everyone will be like. ā€œYou should shareā€ ā€œWhy do you buy them all for yourself?ā€ And so forth.

what car do you drive?

I think Iā€™ll be around the $200-$300 dollar range. Throwing is an expensive hobby, but I donā€™t think there is a feeling in the world that beats getting that package in the mail, itā€™s so addicting.

Audi TT 3.2 Quattro

Throwing is actually an extremely cheap hobby. I can have as much fun with a Classic or Protostar than I can with a $300 titanium yoyo.

Yoyo Collecting on the other hand is quite pricey.

I have spent maybe $800 or so on my collection. When I think about that number it frightens me. $800 on yoyos!?!?! I must be insane.

Here is what I can remember from my collection:

CLYW Arctic Circle
One Drop Code 2
YoYoFactory Catalyst
MonkeyFinger Gelada
C3YoYo Capless
YoYoJam Classic
YoYoFactory Protostar
Shinwoo ProWing
YoYoFactory Loop 900
Yomega Maverick
YoYoFactory Pocket Change
Yomega Xodus II
Duncan Bumblebee
PeterFish Luminator
Duncan Flying Squirrel

Code 1-100
werrd 4XL got it for 20, worth 70
DM2 -40
popstar-20

so 180 in 2 years.

Awesome carā€¦ almost as awesome as his yoyo collection. :wink:

Gonna update my yoyo collections worth.

Prepro Irony JP: $110 (nonmint)
Genesis JOEXANN Ed.: $75 (nonmint)
Genesis red w/ purple acid wash, one of the earlier runs: $65 (nonmint)
First run Super G: $65 (nonmint)
YYJ trigger, weight rings put inside out, slight vibe: $19
Classic x2: $18
SW rockefeller: nit sure on the worth of it, but Iā€™m gonna say around $100
SW Rex: also not sure on worth so Iā€™m gonna say $100
SW Royale: $80ish, nonmint
Werrd Hour: 3a marks $50ish.
OneDrop Code1 Worlds 2011 Ed.: $105 (Mint)
So all together, around $680!