how long have you been yoyoing and what trick are you on tell me please.

I started back in 2006, and now i’m working on my horizontal combos, some front style combos, and a little bit of moebius, but that advice about skipping the tricks you’re stuck on is truer than true, and never give up either. ;D

Yes because if you don’t move on your frustration may overcome you. But a month later you might look up the tutorial and do it on your first try.

ive been throwing for about 4 months now, current best trick is kwijibo-cold fusion combo…trying to work on iron whip but cant figure it out for the life of me =[

I’ve been yo-yoing since June. I’m around Advanced Part 2/Expert 1 and 2 by Andre’s trick ladder. Thing is that I’m around that area because I try to learn multiple tricks at a time mostly because of what some of the fellas here have said about skipping tricks.

I couldn’t get the first hop in Spirit Bomb down yet, so I’m learning Black Hops now. And of course, for the past three months, I’ve been learning Boingy-boing (from Advanced 1). You know how learning that one goes :slight_smile:

Oh, and I’ve been learning ambidextrous, simultanous inside loops since July. Longest trick to master for me so far

Do you know Jade Whip yet? It took me a LONG time to figure out Iron Whip, but I caught onto Jade Whip fairly quickly and getting the concept from that trick first helped me a lot in making sense of Iron Whip. To be honest though, Iron Whip isn’t really fun for me personally and I’ve found Jade Whip to be much more useful in my individual style.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. I’m new to yo-yoing, so I may be stating this too simply or naively, but it just seems like there are many more situations in which you would get into Jade Whip than Iron Whip. Plus Jade whip was easier for me to learn too

1 Like

This is tough to answer because I have been yoyo’ing for probably a year and a half maybe? But only active for probably 6 months. I started for a month or two, then stopped for a while, then just threw it maybe a couple of times a month but didn’t focus on learning anything, and then the past 3 months or so I have gotten back into it hard core carrying around with me as much as possible and throwing at least a few minutes a day if not an hour. So I guess I would say 6 months focused. I’m currently working on Wormhole and Cold Fusion. I’ve got Wormhole pretty good after getting Takeshi from Duncan to help me while he was here at Disney. Still getting it smoother and trying to work it into a combo with split the atom and zipper.

Cold fusion is kicking my butt. I can do it slow, it is just getting that first part faster is hard with my Burnside. I’ve got my Dietz on me right now and that is a little easier. (kinda hard to practice while DJ’ing though) so that is getting me a little more consistant but when I get my beast burnside I have to figure out how to get that joker through a small string opening. I’ll get it though. I usually do at least. I’m still trying super hard to learn all of the advanced tricks by Christmas Day and do them all with my new Code 1 that I’m getting and video it. Going to have to spend a lot more time doing it through if I’m going to make it. I missed a great opportunity to get some one on one with Takeshi and Drew Tetz as I have them right down the street from me and they are leaving tonight and I have been working so much. They are awesome and helped me a lot with some of my tricks. I’ll keep plugging away but 6 months and Wormhole/Cold Fusion is my final answer :slight_smile:

There is no such thing as too slow.

That sounds like a cop-out answer, but its absolutely true.

Everyone learns at their own pace.

But the thing is, yoyoing is not about learning; yoyoing is about having fun.

So are you having fun? That’s all that matters. Who cares if someone learns faster than you? There are people who have been playing half as long as me that are way better than I am. Does that rattle me? Absolutely not, because I’m having fun.

And as long as you’re having fun, that’s all that should matter to you.

2 Likes

I think we can about wrap this up, gentlemen.

But answering the question, about 2 years and not really anything specific, stuff like

Horizontal snap 360 red triangle suicides
Slap suicides
Catching suicides behind my back
Some stuff I made up
Some 1.5 stuff that I can’t seem to get the hang of
Working on developing my behind the back stuff
Trying to develop some tech combos, because I don’t have many
Oh, and some frontstyle concepts I’ve been developing.

One year.

Working on Paul Han slack combos. I’ve been working up to these since I started.

[quote=“J. Lev,post:28,topic:32729”]
Thanks i am having fun with it but I guest am just impation :slight_smile:

I started as a Kid doing loops… Then stopped
Started two years ago… for two months … Got a new job and stopped
Last year… Picks it up again…for a few months … Then stopped … Work got crazy
This year… Work is a Lil less stressful and I have more time… So I have been throwing consistently since July.

Working on too many tricks at the same time… And I never get it down… I need to finish the tricks I start… Instead of moving on to others…

But recently … I have landed one Brent stole and just one lmfao… This trick is hard as hell to get … My right arm gives up fast… Cus I just keep missing my whip…

:slight_smile:

I leRNED THAT VERY EASILY BUT HIDEMASSA TOOK FOREVER. Sorry i just notced caps was on. But if you get brent stole smooth it looks nice.

I always look at it this way:

It’s not so much about how many tricks you know, but how smoothly you can do them. A solid Rock the Baby beats a crappy Cold Fusion.

cool ill try and work on jade whip and see how that goes instead =]

3 1/2 years of serious modern play, entire life of fixed axle, picture tricks play. Currently working on 5a ariels with many grind elements incorporated.

This will make you feel good, spectra2. I started 2 and a half months ago and I’m still working on Double or Nothing. I have 5 tricks - Trapeze, Reverse Trapeze, Brain Scrambler, Reverse Double or Nothing, and I’m getting better at Double or Nothing. Personally, I think I’m going pretty slowly. But I don’t move on from a trick until I have it down.

1 Like

No matter how many tricks you know, it will take time to acquire a perfect throw.

9 months and have learned pretty much all the tricks here except ladder escape and magic drop and making my own tricks. Also I am starting 5a and was in to 4a until my Griffin Wing’s axle broke in half.

thats funny cus i still can’t land a brent stole to save my life lol but Hidemassa hook was easier for me. Damn brent stoles lol