How do You Like Your Yo-Yo Tutorials?

In video form is my preferred choice to video tutorials

in a serious note I prefer something like HSYY where there is normal time then breaks down with different angles

Will do! Love the stuff you’ve been doing, actually… ashamed I didn’t mention it in my previous post. As you hopefully recall from the G^2 Tutorials thread, a big fan of everything you’ve been bringing. :wink:

This plus having a National Yoyo master teach it :P!’

Or any professional yoyoer…

yeah. if he remade them without Expert Village, then they would be 100 times better.

Forgot about Slusny! Great tutorials… multiple angles, generally easy to follow.

Here are their YouTube playlists… for 1A, look for “Beginner, Intermediate, Expert”. Otherwise they are marked by style (2A, 3A, 4A, 5A):

Their YouTube channel has tonnes of other great stuff, too.

But I should stop there, as the original question is really “How do you LIKE your tutorials”, not “which sites do you like”. I like mine the way Miguel Correa does them for Definitive.

Tutorial wise I am one that wishes for vocal and text in the video.

I get incredibly annoyed with the videos that merely do the trick and then once with slowmo. That is NOT a tutorial whatsoever.

I’m not really sure how to improve my tutorial making, so I just stick to what I know.

~Z

Yours are good because you talk, have a Go Pro, and I think you use words to an I right?

I know what you mean, Highspeedyoyotutorials with Brett are
just, do the trick then slow no and it’s done.

Being a left handed thrower, I tend to prefer a mix of visual and vocal , text is okay if done right - rethink yoyo does it right. I have had decent luck with “red shirt guy” who must be the dude in the yotricks.com tutorials. It is kind of a double edged sword throwing left, its easier to just mirror image the moves, but I don’t know sometimes the subtler things like the finger hooks or which string needs to be underpassed , etc get confusing.

I think a lot of the hi speed camera stuff gets in the way, not enough less is more. I guess in a way I like being told a bit about the theory of a trick to help understand it, for instance I had a hard time really picking up how to bind when I was trying to learn them ~4 years ago, and I have gotten a number of the basic binds down, but I think it would help to have some theory covered on the more advanced binds and when they are good to use/not use/ best dismounts for them , etc. Kind of the same with the Triangles, I can do the basic over the wrist one, but have no real concept of how or when they should be formed within a trick and how to know which way to pop the yoyo out of it.

That’s just me though, my brain works kind of funny.

Check out the new Jakes tutorial section that just went up last week.

Hsyy is not shutting down but being expanded upon.
[/quote]
yay expansion to my favorite site! (outside of YYE :wink: )
oh and Jake I gotta say those tutorials your putting up are pretty awesome!

I have also learned a lot from this guy.

Thank you if you are on the forum. :wink: