How do you edit free style music?

Hi guys. So I have always wanted to learn how to edit my own music. I know several songs that I like but have no idea how to take certain verses out so that it fits my style. How do you guys edit your music?? Do I need a certain app or do I need to buy a computer installation?? I only know of “I movie” but it doesn’t let me take out a verse in the middle of a song. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

2 Likes

Audacity is my go to when I need to simply edit a song. I’m sure it can do advanced things too, I’ve only just used it for trimming songs.

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_editing_an_existing_file.html

7 Likes

Same I edited my scales Fs song using audacity

2 Likes

FL Studio

1 Like

Just use Excel EZ Clap

If you want a free & open source Digital Audio Workstation, you could try out Ardour. It’ll be more complicated than Audacity though.

https://ardour.org/

1 Like

If excel isn’t your thing for making music (not a sentence I thought I’d be saying) you can try Reaper. They do a 60 day demo and if you find you like it, it’s only about £30. Can do basic cuts all the way to making music from scratch.
If you have a Mac and just want to chop up existing music you could always just use garageband. It’s basically audacity with a nicer interface.

2 Likes

Audacity for sure. Free is a good price as well.

2 Likes

yeah I’m going to need the something as simple as possible because I am not tech savvy at all. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wut exactly r u gonna do with the editor? If just trimming then audacity for sure it by far the simplest and there are hundreds of tuts out there on YT

1 Like

yeah all I want to do is be able to cut any song on the internet and cut parts out in the middle of it

2 Likes

Audacity is the way 2 go it’s free and very simple

2 Likes

I edit the sound track directly in Premiere Pro.
At least that’s how I’ve been taught to do it for event videos.

It’s all about listening to the track frame by frame and using the audio waveforms to cut at the right moment so that the editing is not noticeable.

Edit: You should be able to do the same with iMovie using the cut action on the audio sequence, though!

1 Like

Ableton Live

2 Likes

Hey guys so I tried Audacity. I downloaded it and now I an trying tip figure out how to upload a song I want to edit. Is there a way for me to down load a song video from the internet onto audacity? Is that how you guys do it? How can I transfer a song I want to audacity?

1 Like

Do u have the file downloaded on ur computer?

Where is the song? If it’s on youtube, you can use this website to create an MP3 from a YouTube video.

sketchy link removed

1 Like

Thank you!!

Hey guys. so I think I turned a song into a MP3, but once I click on convert it didn’t tell me anything after that. Where dose the MP3 go once it downloads and how do I find it?

Also it said that I need to update my Adobe Flash Player. Dose that sound right to you guys?

Thisll give ya a virus