How are Magic Yo yoyos?

It’s iffy. Both dif-e-yo and yoyofactory have invested in product development and been rewarded with patents on features used in some of the models mentioned. Technically they are not doing anything wrong selling them in some countries, and until a court gets a judgement on them they are not doing anything illegal in the USA… But it is pretty likely that a judgement could be made based on the fact they did not make any effort to improve the hubstack or kk bearing, they just replicated it cold…

So if you chose to buy it, go for it, but promoting it in reviews and in forums is pretty disrespectful to the USA patent holders. If the brands wish to sell legally in the USA I’m sure they could license the technology’s from the patent holders.

1 Like

^Exactly!

The one thing I would have to say in regards to the hubstacks is that out of the packages, out of the 3 ‘triple bearing’ yoyos I have, the PGM probably has the longest spin time. Now owning a yoyo whose company pioneered the hubstacks, I don’t feel as guilty for having another ‘outsider company’ yoyo that also features them. Before, different story.

If I were to write a review on the T9, my main focus would probably be on the yoyo itself and not the additional bells and whistles since it can technically still operate with a flat bearing and without the stacks. But I now also see where you are coming from.

I purchased the Magic YoYo T9 a couple weeks ago and think it is pretty awesome…best YoYo I have played with, cept as already mentioned the response is slightly lacking and I will probably be altering that ASAP…

I paid £20 for mine from HK…plays better than some YoYo’s I have had that cost £50+

I got the N9 “floating” and its a good yoyo when you take the stacks off. It had a horrible vibe and sounded like a jet engine with them on. Without the stacks the vibe is gone and the weight is around 65gr.

A note about the stacks. They don’t use size A bearings, they have weird size bearing in them. Its smaller in diameter and much thinner, but it has a C size inner race.

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/ec6c97aa31af11e19896123138142014_6.jpg

http://distilleryimage5.instagram.com/13e720f231b011e19896123138142014_6.jpg

Ah, in that case my guess is that would be a B sized bearing – the same size that small bearing YYJ models such as the Sunset Trajectory and Aquarius use

Exactly… Same as auldey stacks.
But I guess its still against YYF patent because of the O-ring setup.

Bit of shame because the N9 is great without stacks.

I just siliconed mine, for some reason, the pads were only adhering in 1 small spot, otherwise, you can say they were press fitted. When I’d do any kind of mount, I’d feel and hear this weird viberating rubbery sound, being the pad somewhat slipping out of its slot. So now no T9 for the rest of the evening :frowning: Time to whip out my PGM :slight_smile:

Anyone know of a why to add stickage to response pads?

I just received a T5 last week and was surprised at how well it played for being so cheap. However, the bearing sounded like a jet engine taking off. Reminded me of the bearing that was in the Northstar from YYF. I personally like the quiet bearings so after trying to lube up the T5 with no success I switched it out for a One Drop 10 Ball Bearing and absolutely love it. So, I’m not sure about the other ones but the Magic YoYo T5 with a One Drop 10 Ball Bearing was a lot of fun to play with and I think with the bearing you end up paying like $33.00 plus shipping? Not too bad if you ask me!

That’s what I don’t understand…on other Magic Yoyo reviews, people noted that the bearings were lame. I swear mine sleeps forever and is completely silent. Also, now that the silicone is pretty much cured on the T9, now it feels amazing! No more of that weird farting sound/vibing rubber feel. Side bearings still need some breaking in, were loaded with lube when I got it, have lube oozing out on the inside ‘cup.’

I just realized that while my T9 is bigger than the Popstar, it really isn’t that much larger, only by 6mm, quite undersized but feels good.