hop the fence

i can do loops with my right and left hand and can almost do two handed loops, but i have been putting off learning hop the fence and now i have trouble. The yoyo just spins out of control and there seems to be nothing i can do about it.

what is your question? how do you properly perform hop the fence? How to stabilize your loops? If this was a question I think you made it more of a statement. Not a big deal though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if you are looking to find out how to stabilize your loops, I would recommend paying close attention to the tilting of your hand when you regenerate the throw to cause the loop. If there is a big change from the original axis (or tilt) of the the yo yo it will create a really bad vibe which can make the yo yo unpredictable and cause an early death of the spin. Just work on consistency, look at what you do on successful attempt and make note of it, then kinda like force your body to replicate that exact motion that way it becomes second nature.

Now as for hop the fence as a trick goes, I would recommend watching the video for it here on YYE in the Learn Section under Master Tricks in the Looping Category. But if you don’t want to or you are too lazy I will attempt to explain it best I can:

Throw a straight sleeper.

Tug to return it to your hand.

About the time you would normally catch it, make a Rainbow shaped arc with your Throw hand, almost like you are pretending to throw it again. (This is called regeneration, it is the act of re-launching a yo yo without catching it, repeating it would be considered looping, so long as they are inside the plane of your arm that is.)

When it is fully extended again, just tug and return it to your hand and catch. :smiley:

A good trick to practice once you have the concept of this down is Planet Hops, this trick will help you get very consistent with forward or reverse regenerations (at least for frontstyle play)

I hope this helped :smiley:

Keep an eye more on your hand than the yo yo, try to focus on what your hand is doing to cause the loop not to work.

ok sorry guys, my loops are fine, its only hops that i am having trouble with. when i try to do the regeneration for hops it goes into a ufo everytime.