Hit yo-yo on concrete!

I am so dumb sometimes, I don’t realize I am throwing outside sometimes… if that makes any sense, I’m kinda in my own little world until BAM!! I think I have quite a few I have dinged on the ground, but I really didn’t want this one outside, thank you for telling me it’s not that bad lol, it actually helps, I’ve been telling myself all day it’s ok, I didn’t mess up the rim weight or anything, it’s ok it’s ok haha

2 Likes

Wow! That is dinged up,!! I guess in a way it makes it your own, that’s a beautiful metal yoyo

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I probably made a big deal over nothing,I just got it like 3 weeks ago, I kept telling myself over and over don’t throw outside with this, and this morning, I’m out front and not 2 mins in BANG

2 Likes

Getting over your first dings is a big thing.

4 Likes

It’s nice that you have a loyalty to a yoyo that’s taken a beating. Admirable even!

4 Likes

I think my user pic is better… just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

lol.

I think it’s also cool you got that case-hardened steel (heat rainbow look) on the berg… it mixes it up a bit instead of one ding on an otherwise immaculate surface. I don’t worry about appearance, just throwing the thing off balance (which I’m trying to develop a fix for like a wheel baancing machine for cars). Good thing your rims were steel and not “aircraft aluminum” light rings.6061 aluminum is softer than 7075, but I like steel and want an iceberg. I had a string fly off my finger for the first time, throwing too directly ahead of my finger somehow, and it shattered the Trigger’s Celcon rim on the cement floor. I used the steel weight rings off the Trigger to put them on a Pro Z hehe… it has an interesting, rhythmically intermittent vibe that increases and gos away like clockwork, smooth about 3/4 of the time. Probably threw a ring off balance when it hit the floor, because otherwise, the Trigger rings fit the Pro Z cap recesses perfectly centered tightly with one “precision wrap of aluminum tape” if that’s not an oxymoron…I think we get powned/corrected for being to Golem “precious”-like about our throws and the more we get that way the sooner it hits something. I love the guy’s well-worn throw with the battle scars. I can’t help but want a titanium one, one day. It might shatter, but you can rest assured it won’t be bent off balance.

1 Like

If your throw isn’t dinged you aren’t trying hard enough.20190121_192039

5 Likes

The first hit always hurts the most.

5 Likes

It most definitely is!!! I love it

Sorry mate, I’m not sure if that’s entirely true.

1 Like

Not sure what is entirely true? Is that strung up for 5a?

Check out this topic, my dude… the stories within are epic!

Here’s my first beloved yo-yo ding

3 Likes

Well said!! That link you sent me was cool that stinks I was like a month late, that would have been fun

I always say the same thing to the owners of automobiles.

1 Like

Yes. That’s my Lilith still Throws great.

It is. You’ll see.

I have a pre-dinged throw that I plan to use for play outdoors (at work basically). I’m not going to be so precious with a Cadence prototype–which I got for free no less–that already has battle scars.

2 Likes

all good dings in time…

mgodzilla

rain…

1 Like