hhheeelp

so ive been out of yo-yoing for a couple years and am coming back, lately ive been throwing all day and watching lots of tutorials and practicing, I just cannot get past the point im at now, I throw and throw and cannot grasp how to do the newer tricks, does anyone have any suggestions, at some points I just cant get online tutorials I guess because im more of hands on learner, im getting kind of discouraged. any suggestions would help thanks :slight_smile:

What point are you right now?

What tutorials have you looked at?

yoyoexpert.com  (right here)
http://yo-yo.jp/mov-tricks-1a.html

These are good tutorial sites.

Here is a good method for learning a trick:

1. Find a trick that you like.  You won’t want to learn a trick that you don’t like.  Make sure it is not insanely hard or insanely easy.  Even if it is slightly too easy, it can’t hurt to learn.
  2. Look up all the tutorials on that trick.
  3. If you can’t find a tutorial for the trick, ask someone on the forums to make one.
  4. If you still can’t figure it out, ask a question on the forums.

Above all, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice.

im on having trouble on mach 5 and just starting advanced part 1

What part of mach 5?

Watch

at what time are unable to go further?

I can do my split bottem perfect. when I go into to getting closer to the string my throw spins out

If I understand correctly, you can go perfectly into the winding part, and then it stops working. You could be pulling too hard. Also make sure the string not of the axis of the yoyo.

What yoyo?

surge and popstar is what ive been using

guess I should have choose a different starting throw

just wanted to note that I can do everything into master on a surge

guess I just suck really bad

lol nah just practice. Honestly i remember when i first started throwing and i could not get breakaway for the life of me, i actually told myself i’d never learn it and i’d be fine only throwing front style for as long as i yoyo’d. And what do you know, somehow someway it all clicked and i don’t even think about it anymore, so while it’s very cliched, the whole “practice more” adage is 100% applicable.

I think I had the same problem when I was trying to do Mach 5 because I started pulling the strings as hard as I could because I thought it would make the yoyo spin longer. I would suggest that you try do the trick but only pull enough so that you can do the rotations but without pulling too hard. Another suggestion would be to throw harder; sometimes practicing for hours makes you kind of tired so your body decides not to throw as hard so try and have a break and then go back into the trick and just throw as hard as you can (but make sure you don’t have a knot in the axle or you’ll be getting a nasty sting on your face!). Hope this helped ;D

Something I’ve noticed with throwing, and with several other endeavors, is I tend to hit plateaus where I stop improving for periods of time. Eventually, you get past them as long as you keep going and keep an eye on what’s important (enjoying what you’re doing).

Aside from the obvious: just keeping at it until you finnaly have a breakthrough, there’s two things that tend to help me personally that are kind of different:

• take a break for a while, work on another trick, focus on fundamentals, or do something completely different (non-yoyo related). I find I’ll often have a breakthrough when I come back. My theory is that if you’re doing something wrong, doing it over and over only ingrajns doing it wrong.
    work on it for 30 minutes to an hour right before you go to bed. Then try it the next day. My mind tends to work on it while I’m sleeping and sometimes it “clicks”.

dont worry about the new tricks, theyre lame.