___help!___

ok so… I’m filming for scales and I just can’t hit any of my tricks. Suggestions for calming your nerves? I’m chewing gum btw helps a little. Anything helps thanks!

6 Likes

I filmed today too! Deep breaths is the only thing I can think of, take a 5/10 min break?

3 Likes

don’t over think it and try to forget that a camera is there

3 Likes

I don’t compete, but just filming frays my nerves. I relax as soon as I’m having fun instead of worrying about what I’m trying to film. Also, short breaks, snacks, deserts, whatever you normally enjoy can be helpful.

5 Likes

Try breathing excersizes? Maybe listen to some tunes and relax. Do a dry run and visualize your tricks in sync with the music(if you do that) takethe pressure off and dont think about it from a competitive view, play like noones watching and most of all have fun with it like its just another day of practice

3 Likes

thanks yall i try that out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

gonna go eat lunch hopefully i can hit my freestyle after!

5 Likes

Get it in man! Good luck!

3 Likes

I’m feeling your pain now…

2 Likes

Same happens to me. Just keep trying, I’m sure you’ll end up getting a flawless entry:)

2 Likes

I don’t have any suggestions for you, except to remember this is 100% normal. I’ve said that when I get on stage for the sport division of a contest, it feels like I’m wearing hockey gloves and have my eyes covered by a gauze blindfold. Filming for an Instagram post is only slightly less unnerving.

Just take a deep breath, try to forget the camera is rolling and focus on doing the routine you have been hitting clean over and over before you turned on the camera.

french

2 Likes

keep it up you got this

1 Like

just finished my freestyle… relized just now that it looks like sh!+

2 Likes

but with ig posts u dont have a deadline and 200$ isnt on the line…

:rofl:

I’m sure it’s not cake

1 Like

your going to think that your routine looks bad but others will say its good

1 Like

hold on lemme send u the yt link lol

2 Likes

i hope i can get a better looking/clicking one next scales

2 Likes

I totally get it, my last scales was just to see what competing was like, this one is me try to place high. next is too see how I do in pro

3 Likes

bruh -_- ur last scales still looked crazy good, you just need to work more on the evals

1 Like