Go back to the old forum layout!

I hate the layout of the forum. It was much easier to navigate in 2017! Just my opinion!!

Welcome back. I only look at the forum on my phone and use the night mode (words are white). What don’t you like about the format?

2 Likes

It just looks like one giant page/mess. I wish I remember the old layout to give you a better answer.

2 Likes

I have nothing to compare the new format to. On my phone it seems pretty tidy. Hopefully, the new format doesn’t make you leave.

I’m probably one of the very few who reads this forum primarily on a desktop computer. I have my browser window maximized, and the worst thing I can say about the current layout is that it doesn’t make maximal/optimal use of all the space available on my monitor. This isn’t the worst possible layout, mind you, but it sure feels as though the Internet is rapidly becoming only suitable for handheld devices, and I’m becoming more of a dinosaur every day.

4 Likes

Same. Works/looks great to me.

3 Likes

Dinosaurs are kewl!!!

2 Likes

@zslaneosaur

3 Likes

Forums from the get-go were always a bit beefy with the interface. It really isn’t a format that you can make use of out of modern full size monitors. I use this site on a desktop and it seems just fine to me. I think I actually like this discord format more than I do old school forum layouts. The concept of pages online is outdated, as well as the convenience to view new posts of all subforums makes this a good platform for the activity it receives.

To the OP, I suggest you just let it grow on you. This format is more flexible than many forums and is just as readable. I understand forum nostalgia (ive seen many forums change formats over time), but it isn’t going back.

7 Likes

I wasn’t around for the old format, but I really like this one. It’s much better than the only other forum I regularly read (Board Game Geek). I read on both phone & PC.

1 Like

For a sort of the old format, look at the top of the main page. You will see a horizontal list that says

• Latest * New * Unread * Categories * Top * My Posts

Click on Categories and it will look a lot like the old format. (Which I prefer)

3 Likes

Maybe bookmark this page? :blush:

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/categories

1 Like

Didn’t even know about dark mode. Thanks

1 Like