Give your yo-yo a blast finish using your dryer

yes… YES!!!

4 Likes

Half comparison. 20 minutes in the dryer and about 30 minutes of on/off manual shaking (with ample inappropriate jokes about the arm motion).

11 Likes

So far so good! You need about another hour of tumbling (per side!) so I’d fix that dryer if I were you :wink:

3 Likes

IDK man I kinda like how it looks now. The wife disagrees, lol.

2 Likes

I may not know about art, but I know what I like!

Ricochet I got from @chaosgow is up next.

20190527_184821
It’s like a janky shake-weight. So main gains…

Ok I didn’t do a ‘before’ pic because I’m impatient. Here’s the ‘after’! Anyone know how to get a halfspec in this bad boy?
20190527_200700 20190527_200718

11 Likes

I brought my stonewashed one for @docpop to try and he confirmed, this does add a little vibe. He tests differently than I do so this is independent confirmation. It is nothing that would affect play in any way (not sure if the average player would notice unless I called it out) but it is there.

If your titanium is already truly perfectly glass smooth I would not go this route.

7 Likes

You could get aluminum matching stonewash pens. :wink:

7 Likes

Those look fantastic!

2 Likes

Had anyone tried this with 6061?

I have a project yoyo on the way; thinking of trying to stonewash it using this method.

Obv, aluminum is much softer than titanium, so I’m planning on using a container with less empty space and checking it more often.

3 Likes

Maybe smaller media? Idk seems like if it does this to Ti, it’s gonna really fudge the shoot out of any aluminum.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa, watch the dang diddly language there Nedward Flanders.

3 Likes

Unrelated: Anyone ever tried this with their strings to break them in?

1 Like

im going to try this

1 Like

Why would you ever do this to a pristine new string? :fearful:

2 Likes

First attempt - I’m pretty happy with the result. I messed up masking the bearing seat when I was stripping the ano, so I ended up doing a little sanding/polishing too.

I’ll prob polish again and re-stonewash at some point, when I’m feeling crafty.

10 Likes

Acid etch and stonewash on an Anomaly Yoyos Euphonious. Super fun process and great results

9 Likes

can WD-40 strip the Ano from a yoyo? i wanna get an N6 to experiment on and i’m curious if i could use WD-40

No. You’d need something caustic like oven cleaner.

1 Like

Ah ok thanks Mark!!

wait… sand or rocks? which one is better?