Fun ways to get into the Houdini Mount?

So I find myself in the Houdini mount quite a bit with a few tricks I do. Any fun/flashy (without being insanely difficult) ways to get into the mount?

3 Likes

I was wondering this the other day when toying with a combo. I don’t really know any ways other than throwing straight into it or bringing your hands together and grabbing the string with your NTH thumb like in Kamikaze II (which I haven’t looked at in forever).

What I came up with was:

1. Just like a whip to Kamikaze mount, but just catch the slack with your NTH thumb.

2. Whip to kamikaze mount then hop and pluck the string with your NTH thumb like in bonkers repeater.

3 Likes

Any fun/ clean ways to get into a wrist mount? Any difficulty is welcome.

3 Likes

Last year we did a few wrist mount Entrances on Trick-a-Week… I’ll look up the tuts and post them here. I know andre B has a few tuts on it as well…

4 Likes

thank you so much

2 Likes

For sure man, I’ll have to toy with this. Adding whips to tricks and combos is a total win.

I’ve been doing a Man&Bro Slack into the mount…not sure how to explain it in words but it kind of flows. Not perfectly though.
If I’m not super lazy maybe I’ll make a quick video showing what I mean.

This slack:

2 Likes

That third variation with the chopsticks and slack is freaking awesome

1 Like

Learn A Trick: Houdini's Escape - YouTube. Nate Martsolf has this cool trick that starts with it.

1 Like

I still haven’t made it through the full 30 minutes of this one and all of the Wrists Mount possibilities, this one goes deep

2 Likes

Oh yeah i forgot about this one! Good call!

3 Likes