FS/T: Bunny Martins (NOS)

BC Yoyos are SOLD! Thanks, everyone!

8 Bunny Martins (See Below for Pics): $12 each.

US shipping costs out of Texas:

1 yo-yo: First Class Package Service - $5.75

2-3 yo-yos: First Class Package Service - $6.55

4 yo-yos: USPS Retail Ground - $11

5-6 yo-yos: USPS Retail Ground $13

Rep thread: SML Rep Thread

6 Likes

Think I ought to be selling something different? Help me out by visiting my big post in the appraisal thread.

2 Likes

This and the referenced appraisal threads are dangerous… I’ll come back to this. Need to think on how much I probably don’t need another yoyo in my collection right now… I’ll be back.

PM’ed

UPDATE: I now have 5x5x5 Uline boxes that these boxes will fit inside. First post edited for updated shipping costs (for BC yoyos only. PM for shipping costs if you’re buying a mix so I can check the weight.)

1 Like

Update: Also have a few new Bunny Martins.

(No Jive Maple Leaf on Left, Bunny Martin on right.)

I think these are truly single-piece (not glued). See the continuity of the wood grain between the halves.

They play smooth. According to my scale, without the string, a lightning is around 54g and a Bunny Martin is around 51g. The axle also has a bigger diameter than the BC throws, so they sleep less but are more responsive. (In theory and my own brief experience, they’re easier to loop.)

Asking $12 (same shipping as above).

UPDATE: David Paajanen, director of sales at Elfverson (manufacturer of a lot of classic 60s throws like the Festival Big Zapper), confirmed to me that they did manufacture the Bunny Martin.

Dear Nick

Yes, Elfverson manufactured the Bunny Martin yo-yo.

It is made in beech, in one piece, just like our other yo-yos ( Kalmartrissan, Duncan, Royal, Pro…).

Stained dark brown. It is hot-foiled in the same machine that we use today.

Unfortunately, we do not have much information to go by. All our records show which company bought yo-yos, but I do not know if this yo-yo was purchased through a company.

All I know is that apparently Bunny Martin was a preacher.

(Update 2: Not to clutter up my own sales thread with Fixed Axle Facts, but the “Old Timer” sold under Lars Hundley’s “Yoyo King” brand is made by Elfverson.)

4 Likes

Stock Updated

(Littles Withrawn)

2 Likes

Price drop on the Bunny Martins.

racer2013 112

The Kalmartrissan (stock photo) has the world record among yoyos for longest production run, being in continual production since 1932, but this is still the cheapest way in America to get the equivalent!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.