FS: Canvas

FS: Canvas(raw, Jensen painted)
One small dent(shown in picture). Never unscrewed. Has typical raw marks but great condition. Thanks for looking
GONE

8 Likes

Is a canvas their name for a diptych with art on it? This model pre-dates my intro to modern yoyo.

7 Likes

Diptych is based on Canvas but add of 1mm in Diameter and 1.6mm in Width along with slightly weight reduction from ~66gram down to 64.9gram

5 Likes

Canvas was a signature model for Jensen when he was on the CLYW team. There are a bunch of colorways and different engravings on a lot of them, all from a single machining run i was told. These raw painted ones were the last released and sold directly by Jensen.

This piece is art, yoyo history and just plain awesome all in one. I think 500 is a steal for such a rare gem.

11 Likes

I have a question for you. First… I hope tigerbeatt gets whatever he can get for his canvas…. No problem there.

This is my question> Do you think ‘because it’s never been unscrewed’ helps to increase the value of the yo-yo? Or…… do you think it doesn’t matter in calculating the value of this Canvas?

Just curious…

3 Likes

That sort of thing definitely matters to some people, but i don’t think it matters here.

2 Likes

Hm…I think never having been opened makes it more minty fresh new new than if it had been. And I say this because yoyos are generally assembled by the factory and then shipped to the company for quality control and packaging.

Example, we didn’t open a single yoyo when testing the Buoy! We tested for vibe on a throw and then visually inspected for blemished prior to packaging. This wasn’t our intuition either, but from experience gained from others in the yoyo industry.

Now, any that failed either of those tests are getting pulled apart and mix matched in an attempt to make more smooth yoyos (although to no avail, the manufacturer probably already made these same attempts).

Wear and tear per disassembly on the tapped axle receiver is arguable…however, a yoyo that’s never been opened absolutely will have less wear and tear than one that has!

As for price, spot on! Fairly certain I saw this same exact yoyo (or its painted doppelganger) sell on ebay for right around $500 a couple months back.

Good luck on your sale, I’d buy it if I had the dough to spare, cheers!

*edit: all that said, as I kind of mentioned, vibey yoyos remained vibey after disassembly and the A grade I’ve kept for myself has been pulled apart a couple times and still spins smooth…so absolutely negligible unless someones out here cross threading yoyos :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Its gone. Thanks all

4 Likes

May we inquire what the going price was? Feel free to ignore me, or tell me to kick rocks.

2 Likes

Traded

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.