*Freehand Appreciation Thread*

This is all I got.

But it rips through all 5 of the tricks I know :joy:.

8 Likes

Thats a beat my friend!

4 Likes

I did a little Frankenstein job on my Freehand One and Freehand AL.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Beauty!!!

2 Likes

Anyone got a complete list of all official FH versions? Not necessarily every color way but every hardware release?

2 Likes

Thinking I needs me an Al version but not sure which one.

6 Likes

FH1
FH2
FHZ
Hyper Freehand
OriginalFH AL
Freehand MG
Metal Drifter
Metal Zero V1 (2006)
Metal Zero V2 (2007)
Freehand Nextgen
Freehand
Freehand Pro
New FH-AL
FH1-AL
FH1 Ti
FH1 small bearing
FH1 plastic - coming soon

May have missed some.

7 Likes

They are all good. I switch back and forth on which version is my favorite. I prefer organics so I think the Freehand One Al edges out the Freehand Al just a tad for me.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Any of these reportedly or empirically better at actually playing freehand?

Probably depends on who you ask, if I remember Tyler won worlds 5A on a Fh1 or FHZ. Plenty of peple played 5A on them for a long time. The Nextgen was designed as the new Freehand, I think towards freehand play.

2 Likes

Sorry for all the questions. What would be closest to the freehand next gen but Al?

In my opinion the aluminum counterpart to the Next Gen would be the new Freehand AL.

2 Likes

Sick thanks! Anyone have a purple of that one? Looks blue on YYE…

Edit: a silver/red halfswap PokeBall freehand Al is my goal.

2 Likes

Totally prefer the Freehand Pro over the NextGen. I just didn’t like the shape difference and it seemed to have a lower spin ti.e and stability.
Really nice once you put the weight rings in though.

3 Likes

Metal Zero V1 (2006)
Metal Zero V2 (2007)

I would say these are in the family even though the 2006 version gets a bad wrap. With a little tinkering the 2007 version can play like a like a poor mans YWET

1 Like

Not sure what version I have of those, but it’s not bad. It’s light, but it’s not a bad yoyo. Seth Peterson suggested to me to put caps on it, it actually made it a better player.

2 Likes

I agree, the 2007 V2 is one of my guilty pleasure throws, its 65 grams 57mm x 38mm, and right now the stickers are in the sweet spot for unresponsiveness and regeneration grip consistency playing with Duncan Bulk Poly. I’ve also have a Dif-E-Yo KonKave A bearing in there as well to help it out.

9 Likes

What a time to be in the hobby!

10 Likes