Four Corners July 5th 2014 Contest/Meet

Look forward to seeing you in Farmington. If there is anyone unfamiliar with driving in the desert… Make sure to carry: water, sunscreen and lots of yo-yos.

Is spirit bomb on the trick list? It should be.

Spirit bomb is on the list. It is a great trick!

I hope ya’ll have a big turnout ;D

Love,
All the throwers of Albuquerque (all three of us, haha)

I’m in Farmington!

What time should I be at E3 for the demo? Anything yoyo related going on today?

Thanks hiro6543! There are a few more players in Albuquerque :slight_smile: . Hope to see you in Farmington!

I’ll be heading to the museum early in the morning on Saturday. I’ll be there at 10 or maybe earlier and will post the time when I’m heading over. I’ll set-up a jam session a little later today. I’m still getting some things ready for tomorrow. I just came back from a show in Grants, NM it was a real quick 1 day 280 mile loop. We checked out the ice cave and volcano before the show.

What’s a jam session?

About how long does it take to drive from Albuquerque to Farmington? I’ve never made that drive.

It’s 181 miles from Albuquerque.

You get on 550 and head North turn off toward Bernallio. You’ll go past Zuni New Mexico and the Gas Station used in a Breaking Bad episode and also in the UFO movie Paul. Cuba is the best place to stop about halfway and gas up pick up food. Watch the speed limits in San Ysidro and Cuba (the speed changes quick).

What was the turn out last year per age group? Also has it been growing over the years?

There might be a chance to make an appearance.

It is a small contest for fun, to meet other players and promote the “Art of Yo!”. I’ve been promoting this year quite a bit since the contest has run for 10 years straight which is longer than some players have been yo-yoing. It takes place during the city of Farmington Ice Cream social which has any from 750 - 1250 people. There is also a Longboard Skate Jam https://www.facebook.com/SnSSkateShop that friends from the SnS Skate shop are putting on at the same street about an hour after the Ice Social finishes.

It was really fun today. I am glad I was able to come. The contest environment was nice and relaxed. It was cool being interviewed. I have to say the Echo is AMAZING and the Glide is on another level!

I am glad you made it out! The 4 Corners TV Yo Down Show Down news segment should be coming out in the August show. It was great having Duncan, YoYoFactory, Yomega and MagicYoYo sponsor the 10th event.