For anybody who has played a 1st and 2nd run Puffin 2

I’ve actually tried it all the way in and I’ve gotten some serious vibe that way. Idk

did yu tighten with a YYF tool or and allen wrench

Did you purchase it from us? Just send us an email - we can help you out! :slight_smile:

This is why you never order anywhere other than YYE!

Hey sorry latnay90 to hear that you are having some problems with your Puffin 2. We actually haven’t received any complaints yet so I am surprised by this. Each Puffin2 was tested before they were shipped out, but things happen and we apologize.

One thing you can try is threading the axle all the way to one end, don’t use a tool. Just by hand. Then threading the yoyo back together and checking for vibe. If that doesn’t help then try putting the axle all the way into the other half and try again.

If that doesn’t help, contact the store you purchased from for a replacement. If they aren’t willing to help, then please contact us through our contact page: Contact - CLYW | Caribou Lodge Return Tops and we’ll do our best to help you out.

Hey Chris,
Sorry for the slight derail but you totally scared me with the 7075 Chief twitter thread.
Haha I thought more were coming!

Mine came with a loose axle but I tightened it with an Allen wrench and all is well. Super smooth with an even smoother finish ;D

I just got my puffin 2 today and it is remarkably smooth, no vibe at all on a good throw. Even better than my wollly marmot 2.

I have a BBB Puffin 2 that was a little vibey but nothing irritating. I swapped the bearing out and all problems were solved. I think something got into the deshielded bearing somehow. But it’s wonderful and perfect since the bearing swap.

I appreciate the advice straight from you. It was as you said… it had to be shipping damages or something to that effect. I’ve spoke with a few people now, and everybody says theirs is either dead smooth, or has very minute vibe. I’ll be getting another though. The Puffin 2 is one of my top 3 yoyos from any and every brand.

I just read through all of the replies and saw the YYE post and the post above. I wanted to be very clear right here. I did not buy from YoyoExpert. I was planning on it, but I went to another site to check out the release and they happened to be for sell before 10:00 pm., so I went that way. I contacted the store when I got the yoyo, and was allowed to return it for a refund. I haven’t received my refund yet, but the yoyo has been returned.

I just want to let everyone know that I made this post specifically because I knew that I would be getting a refund, and I am definitely using it to buy another Puffin 2. I had a 1st run and liked the finish a little better, so I wanted to find out if other people who had received their 2nd run Puffin 2 had the problem that I had. I’ve talked to quite a few people, and nobody has said that theirs has  more than just the faintest vibe on grinds. A lot of people said dead smooth. I’ll be buying a 2nd run Puffin 2 off of these forums whenever I receive the refund through Paypal. If a 1st run came along, I would buy it just because I like the finish a little bit more, but I’ll be more than happy with a 2nd run.

Thanks for all of the help and input. I appreciate it.

Reading comprehension.