Fishy Tom Kuhn Ebay

Anyone else see this fishy Tom Kuhn laminated No Jive auction besides @edhaponik?
Twice the winning bid was a brand new account, first time the bid was won for $999 and then re-listed a few days later.

This is my white whale and the last TK I feel I need before hanging up my collectors cap.
What do you think? Failed attempt to price jack?

1 Like

Yeah, that price is ridiculous. I can’t imagine who would be willing to bid that much for real. Especially when there are others just like it that can be had for closer to $55 (like I got a couple of weeks ago).

1 Like

I’ve watched it both times. That first one was total bull-jive. Like those special laminates are prized and super rare (especially the “stringer” versions w 2 stripes - I’d say $175 may be possible but 999 lol… that’s Aspen-level nuts.

Just a shame if real collectors seeking them are getting roped into playing some game because the seller thinks he can dangle it and inflate it to some ludicrous number. If it relists again he should get the boot.

4 Likes

Yeah I was outbid on that one quickly.

1 Like

This particular NJ is a rare one. Looks to be in good shape. I lowered my bid by almost $100 this go around for spite, but I need this yo. I’m in a “matter of principle” dilemma, I don’t want to play into the sellers bull jive but I feel safe using PayPal and this doesn’t come around that often.

Anyone know how many were produced?

2 Likes

I’m confused. Are you the winning bidder? The auction is ended.

pretty sure i remember there being 100 of each of the 2 stripe versions. @yoyodave42 might be able to correct me on that since his initial rainbow run was the gateway to the tk laminates. all of the laminated versions are super special because of how different they look/feel/play compared with typical no jives.

1 Like

Been relisted…

Nope. I was first loser though.

2 Likes

I don’t think it has. It’s been listed twice so far but that was the last one.

You are correct sir!

The most recent number sounds about right, the laminated usually sell around there. If most listings are legit TK and ProYo are still hot! The $261 Yoyoguy edition that sold recently was mine and the buyer was legit. $999 tho :eyes:

2 Likes

Looks like another one listed by same guy…

In a surprise twist…

Seller accepted my offer for 200 wing wangs.
PayPal protection has me not worried.
Yes I hate to support someone who abuses the system but I think I got the last laugh with a bid way lower than my first attempt.

7 Likes

Reasonable deal on a true hard-to-find grail. Congrats! (Hope delivery proceeds sans hitch.)

4 Likes

Smoo-ooth

9 Likes

Do you have one of these?:thinking:

7 Likes

Since I just discovered the EdH No Jive and want it, what would you consider to be a fair price range in case I ever see one for sale. I’m not very versed in TK No Jive prices.

1 Like

Not in butterfly configuration. Wish I did, these laminated No Jives are so nice but also rare and highly coveted.

4 Likes

I don’t really know honestly. I would guess around $50, but I suppose it depends on the buyer. There weren’t a ton of them but they all went to yoyo players, so there are probably plenty within the community.

2 Likes