Finch or Aluminum Dream?

I’m looking for a good v shape. My budget is $100. What would you recommend?

Haven’t tried the finch.

But aluminium dream is great.

And heart beat is cool too.

Agreed, the Aluminum Dream is great and has nice rounded rims. Very stable and good for grinds and fingerspins.

Never played one, but I’ve never seen rims as sharp looking as the Finch.

Which one is better for all around play?

i have thrown both and i personally like the finch more its just a little bit harder to go fast in my opinion but the finch U can put LEGGO OMG ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1 Like

which one is better for grinds?

Never played a Finch, but the AL Dream is ridiculously good for grinds.

Al Dream plays like you would expect most V shape yoyos to. Finch is more unique. It’s also crazy good for grinds.

The finch is a V shape, right?

If you want an good V shaped yoyo, you can also take a look at the rebellion Qilin.

The Aluminum Dream is just one of those yoyos that performs way in excess of the price you pay for it.

It’s so stupid good that other yoyos blush.

So, to be clear, the aluminum dream can play at all speeds equally, right?

And how do they each feel? (Floaty, Solid, etc)

I really don’t put much stock in the words you just mentioned when it comes to yo-yos (i.e. in my opinion there is no such thing as float). I don’t want to argue about that, it’s just my opinion.

Objectively, the aluminum dream is heavily rim-weighted, so it comes off the throw a tad slower than most, but the lighter weight makes it easy to change directions, redirect, and bounce off strings (what some might call speed). Because of the heavy rim weight and low walls it’s really stable and handles speed without tilting as well as any yo-yo you could buy, so it’s very forgiving in that way.

Hope that helps!

The rim weight in the Al Dream is actually a bit of an illusion. While it looks heavily rim weighted, overall the distribution is fairly even. This is what gives it is super speedy and quick reacting characteristics, also its superb feeling.

1 Like

It’s possible that your perception might be the true illusion. YYF posted cross section images of the Aluminum Dream during its development phase. It’s heavily rim-weighted; I didn’t think that was debatable. The relatively low weight is what gives it its speed and quick reaction. The sound it makes while spinning and its smoothness are a couple other subjective factors to the perception of speed.

YYF said it was more of an even weight distribution on ask.fm.

Thanks, I see that response on their ask.fm. I’m baffled. Believe it if you want, but it doesn’t make sense to me.

It makes sense. The yoyo performs like one with even weight distribution.

I’m confused, so can a fast yoyo play slowly or can it only play fast?