finally - The Yeti [Merged]

No more pictures besides this teaser?

• Augie Fashā€™s C3 yoyoā€¦ looking forward to seeing if it suits me at all!
  • World War Zā€¦ looks nussink like the book, which is dissapoint.

Played it last week, really good and fun to throw.

Injection molded from some really strange looking plastic. Overall not so much pretty irl.

Agree, itā€™s not much of a looker:

However, as long as itā€™s a player, itā€™ll still be a consideration. ~58mm diameter is a bit bigger than I usually play, but itā€™s not enormous or anything.

Based on that texture, Iā€™m interested in seeing how well itā€™ll grind.

Being that it looks like it can be made fairly cheaply, hopefully there will be enough in stock for me to buy one before it sells out.

I asked chris at cal states and he said the yeti would be $25-30. But idk if hes sticking with that price

According to YoyoNews, MSRP will be $40.

Yay profile of the Chief but with a bigger diameter!!!

Oh dang. Reminds me of the Chief.

Hey, thatā€™s still a good price considering that The V by Something is 50 bucks.

if you read the thing on YoyoNews it says Chris used the profile of the chief just in a bigger diameter :slight_smile:

http://yoyonews.com/2013/05/24/first-look-clyw-yeti/
So guys what you think about it?

Iā€™m really looking forward to it. I would love a big floaty plastic, and it looks promising. Heck, even if the float isnā€™t there, the thing looks like a monster (Haha. Yeti. Monster. Get it?). I love how determined Chris was to get it right. It doesnā€™t matter what he had to go through to find the material or figure out the process , he stuck with it to bring us something new and innovative. Just on that premise alone, Iā€™d love to pick one up and show my appreciation for his efforts. Obviously this hard work will be reflected in the price tag, and I was hoping it would be closer to $30, but what can you do.

Oh! And I LOVE the black. ;D

At 68g of solid plastic, Iā€™m not banking on a contender for ā€œfloatyā€. However, itā€™s a unique entry in the plastics market, and Iā€™m keen to find out how people like it! (alas, it will probably sell out before I get valuable feedback, but thatā€™s life)

If Yuuki feels itā€™s the best plastic heā€™s ever played, Iā€™m sure itā€™s no slouch. :wink:

Perhaps weā€™ll get some good feedback from those who try it at BAC this weekend! That way you have something to ponder until July rolls around :slight_smile:

Personally, I love the way it looks. Looks nice. Classy, and understated. I like it. 8)

I am thinking about getting one if the price isnā€™t ridcoulous.

Not digging the look of the material, but everything else looks pretty legit

As huge a CLYW fan as i am, i think iā€™m a bit disappointed with the look of the yoyo and the material :P. Those giant hubs are the biggest turn-off of mine, iā€™m fine with CLYWā€™s hubs on their metal yoyos, i think they look really cool but this oneā€¦ not so much. i donā€™t know but overally it gives me thatā€¦ cheap vibe? But i think Chris designed it that way for a reason. Anyway Yuuki praised the yoyo so i guess it must plays really well.