Favorite MFD colorways

With the understanding that there are absolutely NO wrong answers🙃. What are your favorite colorways. I’m new to the zoo, and am certain I’ve only seen a fraction of what the Master Ray has released. My current top 5 (that I dont have) are:
Good n Plenty
Jokers Wild
Toxic Tuesday
Rained Oblivion
Creeping Midnight.
Other likes are Tainted Toad, Chance of Tornado, The Upsidedown, and Liquified Clown.
If you can/willing please show me pics of your favorite colorways
Cheers

5 Likes

My favourite colourway is ‘four year old on blue food colouring let loose in marker factory’.

2 Likes

I like the Spy vs Spy, just because it’s…well, Spy vs Spy!

10 Likes

Pumpkin Tears, definitely

3 Likes

Grew up reading Mad magazine. That is a superb monochromatic design💯

1 Like

Id have to say im biased a bit but I’ll go with my Spidey/Venom

m

16 Likes

Silverback Tiger

5 Likes

Had not seen that one way cool👍 and thanks for letting me see it

1 Like

Joker’s Wild from what I’ve got

8 Likes

Lunar rocks, I almost like spy vs spy but I really don’t like the little characters on it, without them that would be my favorite colorway. I just really like black and white stuff.

12 Likes

:star_struck: spy vs spy and now n later looking yummy :yum:

7 Likes

Aotus:
This one is probably one of my top 5 throw. An amazing balance of performance, stability, float and feel.

8 Likes

I really like the Halloween colors. Someday I hope to find one I can afford.
Until then this is my only MFD

Backstage pass.
My fourth favorite yo-yo of my current lineup.

7 Likes

I sure love that name ‘Liquified Clown’, lolol.

3 Likes

Very jealous

I have a pretty funny mostly off topic story for you.

I bought Issue #60 of Mad Magazine back in 1961. It was the debut of Spy vs Spy(in this magazine). I was 10 at the time. I had pretty much every(not every single….but almost)issue of Mad Magazine. Spy vs Spy was so popular that even more people seemed inspired to buy Mad…. Not just for the Mag/read, but to collect all the Spy vs Spy segments. It didn’t come in every issue.

I had a few hundred issues of Mad. As I got more into cars and bikes, I kinda faded on time for Magazines. All the issues were boxed and stored in my Dads garage.

Years later, my Mom called me and told me there was a guy in a variety show talking about Mad Magazine values and the popularity of the Spy vs Spy segments.

It was raining really hard that day but I jammed over to my parents house to check out my collection.

I asked my Mom for the garage keys so I could check my ‘inventory’. My Dad came around the corner and said, ‘I didn’t have room in the garage for your magazines anymore. So I put them outside against the right side of the garage, under the awning. <> But the roof leaks over there and your Mad Magazines may have gotten wet.

I run out to the back and the appliance size box is sorta plump looking. I pull out a knife and slashed off the very bottom corner of the box. Water came gushing out like a waterfall. I pressed against the sides of the box and it felt like a giant puddle of paper.

Every single issue was totally destroyed. Not sure on the value of the loss. But my issues were all near perfect. I never even bent corners, etc. no doubt a loss of considerable worth.

My Father, who never apologized in his Life, simply said, ‘Well, that’s what you get for not taking the mags with you. …So, don’t blame me.

Funny stuff.

But, you might appreciate the Spy vs Spy characters more if you had more ‘history’ with them.

I have that Spy/colorway. I love it and the Aotus.

Ray makes amazing stuff.

5 Likes

Man that is a total drag😞. Growing up my parents never allowed me to own Mad so I had to read them off the rack at the local pharmacy and hope I wasn’t noticed and kicked out.

Sold my old Mad magazines off at the Comic shop back when I was in college so that I could continue to make Pink Floyd and Bob Marley sound extra “special” for lack of a better word. Wish I hadn’t, but so is life.

Would have loved to see your collection. I had some Heavy Metal, Creepy, Vampirella and others I quite enjoyed.

2 Likes

Still cant pick one. I.love the monochromes, but otoh I still want a kikazaru. And Ray has a way of making me love color combos id never expect. Monkey Meringue (yellow/green) is not one i expected to like.

2 Likes

That topic deserves to be revived. As a fairly new Monkey Afficionado I need to throw in some picks:
Toxic Tuesday
Spidey Sense
Neo-Tokyo Terror
Spy vs Spy
Desolate Existence
Sunken Treasure

1 Like