favorie bearing thread

Specs and center tracs

a lot of people seem to like 10 balls

One Drop 10-ball for flat, Twisted Trifecta for profiled.

I’m REALLY liking the Trifecta in my Capless and DM2. Rather than making binds slippier, the groove keeps the string in place which cuts the amount of loop that’s needed for a bind down by about a third. Not a half because a loop still needs to get pulled around the bearing a certain amount no matter what.

So, tighter binds, rather than slippier binds that some centering bearings produce. Now, this may or may not appeal to you, but I’m loving the authoritative binds I’m getting when using the Trifecta.

TRIFECTA!!! ;D ;D ;D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Whatever comes stock.

From favorite to less favorite:

1- YYJ SPEED bearing.
2- OD 10 ball
3- C3 ten ball that comes with the token
4- YYF Center trak
5- YYJ Large bearing (similar cage to ten ball bearings, but only 8 balls.)

Im not too fond of KK shaped bearings. I love the smooth feel of the bearings above (except the center track, which i like of rother reasons)

In most of my throws I have either a OD 10 ball or the Buddha 10 ball. The exception to this are my FG Arctic Circle and Chief, which I left alone, the included center trac bearing is actually pretty great. I noticed that the center tracs included in the CLYW throws are different from the ones that came with my YYF throws- the balls inside are “caged” (I think thats what it’s called) as opposed to being put in a “crown” like the CBC center tracs.

Konkave bearings are my favorite.

I heard the extra balls in 10 balls create friction what makes it so much better

Increased load capacity = longer life

Smaller/less balls = higher max rev, lower load capacity
Larger/more balls = lower max rev, higher load capacity

Putting it into perspective, regular bearings are 8 large balls, KKs are 8 small balls, and I think One Drop 10-ball are 10 small balls.

Also, more balls means that the bearing has a higher system stiffness (more resistance to deflection), which reduces the amplitude of vibrations under the same load.

Anyone try the new TX S/C ceramic 10 ball bearings…Wing Cut or flat?

Center trac.

i really want to but can’t afford it :frowning:

I run Trifectas In my favorite throws. Center-tracs in the rest.

I like the 10 ball and a kk from a magic yo. For some reason, the 10ball is super loud. I cleaned it twice and lightly lubed it, but it’s still loud. Center trac I like because it’s a mix of flat and a concave, but it vibes a little. The kk is quieter than the 10 ball.

I think MagicYoYo’s bearings are underrated and written off simply because they’re made by a chinese company. They used to be hit or miss, but recently every bearing I’ve tried from them has been pretty silent and really smooth.

I always prefer curved