fav way to start a dead yoyo

Was just going thru my old post and thought i’d add my truely fav way to start a dead yoyo. You need stacks. My fav way to start my dead 888 is to grab it by the stacks, call my buddy over (hiding the yo) then scream BELLY START, as i run it down his rather large belly. Then bind and run… lol. A girl with a nice butt would be better. Anyways if you don’t have some one to help ya start you can always use your arm… but its not as much fun!

Snap starts are cool.

Well its worth a try. I usually snap start then fix my string tension then do a few combo’s before I bind. I may not be able to beat him but I can give him a run for his money.

i do the same thing, sorta
i grab the hubstacks and take my hand and roll it along my hand quickly then i bind it

How do you snap start?

can you snap your fingers? like your middle finger and thumb? put a yo-yo between em (a smaller one is easier at first). exact same idea. practice getting it going. faster and faster. louder and louder snaps.
i find it WAY more effective than any other start, and i’m sorry… it’s just 1000 times cooler.

Im trying to get a solid snap start but its tough… My friend who Im teaching to yoyo was like what are you doing? So I explained the idea of the snap start to him and he killed his kickside and then snaped it! Im like wait! you cant even do a double or nothing yet but your snaping?!

But every now and then I can get a good snap in there…

set it on the ground and slide my foot on it and it starts

JV stall w/ to hands you roll it, works great for people w/ sweaty hands and the thumb takes up to much room imo, i do it when im showing off lol.