Duncans top 5

Hey all. I’m on the fence about some Duncans so I’m curious. What’s your top 5 favorite Duncans? Excited to see what everyone thinks!

3 Likes
  1. Grasshopper GTX
  2. Orbital GTX
  3. Haymaker X
  4. FreeHand AL
  5. Butterfly AL
5 Likes

Haymaker Beta
Haymaker X
Tourney
Freehand AL
Grasshopper GTX

2 Likes
  1. MG
  2. Tourney
  3. Orbital gtx
  4. Butterfly al
  5. Freehand al
2 Likes

I have to limit my choices to what I have…

Grasshopper GTX
Freehand AL
Exit 8
Barracuda X
Wind Runner 7068

4 Likes
  1. MG Freehand
  2. MayheM
  3. Raptor
  4. Exit 8
  5. OG Wooden Butterfly (early 1960s)
4 Likes
  1. Exit 8
  2. Mahem
  3. Freehand AL
  4. Mosquito
  5. Mondail :crazy_face:
2 Likes

Mantra.

1 Like

Mg
Takeshi-recessed Freehand
Sprakle Butterfly
FHAl (new version)
Barracuda

3 Likes

Is Duncan going to make more Butterfly AL’s? I’ve heard great things about them.

1 Like

Has anyone used the roadrunner, the orbit, or the echo? Strix? Roadrunner looks pretty rad.

I only own a few but they go in this order.

1. Barracuda X
  2. Freehand Pro
  3. Freehand AL
  4. Origami
  5. Freehand Nextgen
1 Like

I have a Roadrunner and love it! I got one of reworked ones. Some older reviews talk about the pad seats not being recessed enough so the red stock pads stick out a little making it snag alot and there were also complaints about a tiny axle. Mine came with a long axle and clear pads. The gap is not huge - sites list it at 4.10 but I dunno if the gap was widened. It’s not a huge gap but is not a problem with normal string. It’s not a huge yoyo, width is average and diameter is a tiny bit smaller than average. It definitely feels unique to me and I find it very fun to play and nothing about it holds me back from putting it successfully through my combos.

4 Likes

Nice thanks man! I’ve heard they were bad in the past. Don’t remember where I read that. Thanks for replying.

1 Like

The Roadrunner is not something I’d easily get rid of. It’s fast and the binds are always tight and it just feels awesome in my hand and on the string.

3 Likes

I have an OG Echo it’s just not in my Duncan Top 5

3 Likes

Mine are
Grasshopper gtx
Yoshicuda x
Duncan mkt
Haymaker X
Barracuda x

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re primarily looking at their monometals but I’d give their bimetals a chance if they’re in your price range or you can find one on sale.

My top 5 right now:
Grasshopper GTX
Yoshicuda X
Haymaker X
Tourney (surprised that I’m only the 2nd person to list it)
Barricuda X

3 Likes

Mine are

1. Orbital GTX
  2. Grasshopper GTX
  3. Mayhem
  4. Butterfly Al
  5. Grasshopper X
2 Likes

just one - the Echo 2