Duncan Metal Drifter short but helpful review.

Duncan Metal Drifter Stats:
Diameter: 52.60 mm / 2.07 inches
Width: 39.30 mm / 1.55 inches
Response System: Duncan Friction Sticker
Weight: 61.1 grams
Bearing Size: Size A (5x10x4 mm)

Duncan has created a awesome metal yoyo at an extremly good price of only 20 bucks. This yoyo not only looks awesome, but it plays awesome too. When I first threw this thing down it seemed like it would never stop spinning, it was just amazing. The feeling you get when holding this yoyo in youre hand is just amazing, it feels like your holding a professional metal yoyo when you only paid 20 bucks. The yoyo does have a small vibe, but its nothing to be too worried about, it still plays amazing. When thrown your mind will play tricks on you, it feels just like throwing a DV888 or a Yuuksta. Well not as smooth as them but it seems like your throwing on of them.

This yoyo has a very nice shape to it which allows a perfect feel in the hand. I was really suprised on how well the yoyo spinned. It spun long enough for over 30 seconds of continuous play. When you unscrew it youll see that it comes with the usual Duncan Size A bearing, and a set of silver tall spacers which allows the yoyo to have a nice gap size. The yoyo’s axle is loose and moves around alot but its not a big deal. It comes with I believe friction stickers. Which allows responsive play while using the yoyo. It produces perfect spin times, perfect tugs to the hand, or if your a intermediate player, it provides tight binds. I would really recommend this yoyo to all level players out there who are looking for a cheap metal that preforms as good as a YYF DV888, YYF Yuuksta, YYJ New Breed, and more.

It’s not bad, but it’s no dv888

I have a Metal Drifter now and I was thinking of moving up to the DV888. Would this be a smart purchase? My skill level is probably around that of the Advanced Part 1 of Andre Boulay’s videos.

It’s defiantly the best yoyo I’ve bought offline.

so you sound about like me…i had a maverick and loved it, metal drifter was nice because a little less responsive, then i ordered a dv888…it’s far above those two as far as construction and vibe go. It’s completely non-responsive so i had to learn how to bind, but I’m ok with that. I don’t touch my other yoyos now…but I"m shopping for more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone try this yoyo for counterweight play?? I see it comes with a really cool counterweight. If so how does it perform in this regard???

Thx

It plays real well with a counterweight. Although it is responsive.

Clean the bearing, peel one of the stickers out of it, and away you go. I thought that big skull was a little heavy to match up with it, so I took it off and put a die on it instead, and I really like it. No, it’s no DV888, but it’s $20!. jtman hit it right on the head, it’s the best yo-yo I’ve ever just walked into a store and bought.

Have Fun,
Java

Can’t go wrong with a $20 metal !