Duncan Drifter Is Awesome! (Review Sorta)

Just got my duncan drifter for 5a and it plays amazing! For 20 bucks, and all metal it’s awesome. It was my first time doing 5a and I’m already learning quick. It is responsive but for a 5a beginner like me, its perfect! I would buy it if I were you.

I just picked one up today and w/ a clean bearing and on sticker its AWESOME!!! A great buy for $20!

I just got one like a hour ago w/ a Zombie. It looks fantastic. I haven’t cleaned the bearing yet, but I plan on cleaning it tonight. It plays great and smooth w/ one sticker, but still a little responsive. :slight_smile:

What size is the bearing?

Size A.

i got one too it plays like $60 yoyo

I dinged mine two days after I got it. :frowning: I was trying to swing it up from a double or nothing into the far string and when it landed on the other side of my hand it crawled up and bit my hand. I let my arms slack in frustration and it clinked on the concrete walk in front of my place.

I got one 3 days ago and it plays just like a metal version of my 2010 freehand 2. (just all metal) the only complaint i have is that the skull counterweight does not match the look of the yoyo. I think a nice clear dice would have looked much better, but other than that it’s totally worth the $20!!! I plan on stacking it as soon as i get some stacks.

I grabbed a drifter today and honestly I am very pleased with Duncan. I did immediately remove one pad and thin lubed the bearing and I am very very happy with it. It feels floaty and with the wide catch zone it plays like a dream for $20. I have a “cheap metal” collection of sorts… Yomega Maverick, Pocket Pro Zombie, and the Drifter is head and shoulders above the rest.

Short one pad it’s still slightly responsive on slick 60 but it sleeps for a solid minute and that ain’t bad for the price.

'Course now I want a Raptor like nobody’s business!

I have to agree with everything that’s been said. The Metal Drifter is great.
It doesn’t have amazing spin times, it has the slightest hint of a vibe, and it is responsive right out of the package, but those are the only downsides. On the other hand, taking out one sticker and then wearing out the other one makes it 99% unresponsive, and it still binds okay. The only thing I must say is that the Drifter is no smoother than any other Duncan Yo-Yo with one worn out Silicone Sticker. For even less response I assume a Size-A KonKave bearing would do the trick. I also find the size, shape, and weight make this thing extremely maneuverable. it pulls of my best combos fairly well if I put enough spin on it. I had a Duncan Metal Zero last year, and the Drifter far surpasses it in speed, playability and over all looks.
I have a Legacy, a Maverick, a Dark magic, a Speeder, a Campfire, and a Bassalope, and the Metal Drifter still sits up there with my favorites. Well done, Duncan. Well done.

Probably best of all is the fact that you can take it out of the house without worrying about loosing your best Yo-Yo XD