Duncan FH1 in white?

Ben just reminded me of something I’ve been meaning to ask about the Freehand product line.

When Steve was inventing 5A, was he using a responsive yoyo? Were responsive yoyos the norm for 5A play originally?

2 Likes

*Steve

3 Likes

Steve came up with it in 1999 using a Team Losi Cherry Bomb: Styles Of Play | YoYo Wiki | Fandom

I don’t think unresponsive yoyos existed then except by accident.

2 Likes

Makes sense, here’s a noob question how do I mod it unresponsive? I’m guessing Duncan makes a kit?

Edit: Found the spacer kit :+1:

I’ve got a clear FHZ if anyone is needing a clear yoyo to paint.

Silicone recess and cleaning the stock bearing will net you a fully unresponsive FH1 if you don’t want to buy the kit.

2 Likes

For unresponsive I play with one response pad. So far so good!

1 Like

Damn down to 3 white and 8 clear on yoyoexpert. How many was there originally?

I’m gonna try this thank you! Trying to keep it as OG and oldschool as possible

1 Like

When I got on at like 6:10 there were around 70 clear and 60 white so I’m guessing maybe around 100 each but I’m not sure

1 Like

Crazy how popular White is. There are only 4 more left at the other store, they could possibly be all sold out by the 24 hour drop mark for the run. Maybe the dyers have been scooping multiples.

2 Likes

i told myself i wasnt buying any freehands yesterday cuz i bought a white 000, but i couldnt resist the call of the white (or clear for that matter) freehand, and ended up with one of each and a set of caps LOL

7 Likes

My first Yoyo mod was to make the white all white. Looks super crisp. Shoutout to @Yooo for the tip to remove the graphics from the caps. I think want to keep this one all white so I guess I just have to buy a few more to get goofy with plastic dyes. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Nice man!! That looks awesome! I’m going to have to do this once I get a white capped fh1. They look so clean.

I grabbed a few white to play with dye, this is my first dyed fh1, with modded psychedelic butterfy caps. Waiting for the inspiration to do the next one…

10 Likes