Does anyone think this wildcard can make it to prelims at worlds?

Wyyc wildcard (youtube.com)
Im guessing most people will say no but does anyone think this can make it to prelims?

7 Likes

So I compared this to the person who got 60th place last year in wild card and I think that you might not get into prelims, especially since that was last year

Take that with a grain of salt though since I don’t really know how to do judging

2 Likes

it probably being around 60th better that nothing i guess

3 Likes

You’re not too far.

The combo that you do at the beginning and the rail combo at the end are your weakest points.

Focus on doing 30 things in 30 seconds if that makes sense. Make sure you’re at least landing the behind the back triangle and neck trapeze at 90%+, because they are high scoring, but high risk.

This would click in the 20-25 range most likely. For making prelim, you need to be around 1 click per second. Not too far off. I recommend adding in some consistent high scoring tricks, like varied Eli hops, other lacerations, etc.

I additionally recommend watching a bunch of wildcards on YouTube, and stealing some of the tricks from there.

All being said, most of all make sure you can land everything over 90% of the time.

Good luck, and see you there.

17 Likes

Okay thanks! 20-25 clicks is honestly a lot better than i thought.

3 Likes

Good luck buddy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You are amazing! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

If you don’t make prelims this year then u most definitely will in a few years to come, I can assure you that!

2 Likes

Nice job, Des! I clicked it at about 21, which is pretty good but I don’t think it’s enough for worlds. Nevertheless, it was still pretty good.

Btw, while we’re on the topic, could somebody plz click my wildcard :sweat_smile: I scored it in the mid- to upper-30s, but that may come with a tad bit of personal bias lol. It would be appreciated

7 Likes

You’re going to do great!!!

2 Likes

Great work and pacing, I would minimize the amount if times you have to throw, try to throw once and get all of those tricks in there and end with a horizontal combo

1 Like

Remember that there r no people in front of u really and that it’s mostly just trying to get as much of a tech score in that time. Try not to waste any time and get as many points as u can

1 Like

This should be pretty good, just like you said at the end. I think it’s too close to worlds to make any major changes, that being said the part at 10 seconds ends kind of abruptly, and you could do something there that is better than dropping and binding. instead of doing that cross armed hop you might want to figure out a good one click bind to do that will get you value as the yoyo is coming back.

You’re probably right on the cusp of making it, it’s like a 1-3 click difference usually at the cutoff line, so just make sure you’re consistent. If you go clean you have a very high chance.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve added a few more hops to my frontstyle combo so I just gotta lock in and practice a bit more. Thanks tho!

2 Likes

lol thats funny i ended up getting 60th

4 Likes

Nowhere to go but up buddy. :smiley:
Did you have fun?

3 Likes

Yeah i did, i made a few mistakes but now i get to chill for the rest of the contest without worrying about competing

4 Likes

kind of surprised i got 32.4 points though

7 Likes

It’s normalized scores so that 32.4 isn’t your clicker value

2 Likes