DocPop Icarus & Pop Strings!

A brand new yo-yo designed by @DocPop . The Icarus!

The Icarus has has a classic profile with a feel in play as light and floaty as it’s Greek mythology namesake. It has a nimble feel on the string with plenty of spin power and a super comfortable feel on the catch.

“But, what are those holes for?”

Glad you asked, so did we! Here’s DocPop’s response - “They are an experiment of sorts. I wanted to see if I could reduce some of the middle weight, leaving more stability in the center and out edges of the yo-yo. I was also hoping to see if the extra air friction from the holes would help keep the loops open during yo-yo “suicides”. But mainly I wanted them there because I think they look awesome.”

DocPop has been making his own custom string to go along with his yo-yo releases for a while, and now he’s made it available to everyone - Pop Strings!

This yo-yo string blend was created by Doctor Popular and manufactured by the awesome folks at Kitty String. It’s a polyester blend with a shiny gold metallic thread. This string is long lasting and excellent for whips with a great feel in play!

9 Likes

Doc I gotta tell ya, you missed an opportunity to call the holes “Speed holes”

6 Likes

This thing looks super fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can confirm that it is! I can’t think of another organic with such epic fingerspin capabilities either :thinking:

1 Like