Do you guys focus on learning one trick at a time or multiple tricks?

Curious to hear what you guys do

4 Likes

One trick or element at a time then grind that a bit till I am more confident if I work on multiple or don’t grind it out a bit I don’t commit it to memory and I might as well not learned it.

3 Likes

Only one that need to use a tutorial to figure out at a time still then like 5 that I have figured out and can do sometimes but I need to get more consistent.

6 Likes

I do one at a time usually

2 Likes

I like to work through a couple at a time. It helps to have something else to try if I get to frustrated. I also find it helps to clear my mind if I take some time away from a trick then come back to it.

5 Likes

This is a good point and I do the same thing. To clarify my earlier point—I will have one that I’m currently focusing on and always a bunch of half learned tricks that I’ve stepped away from but plan to return to at some point. I definitely think it’s good to step away from tricks if it gets too hard and frustrating. Some times you can go back to and learn them way easier than if you had grinded it out before you were ready. As a caveat and to contradict myself I’ll also say that grinding out a hard trick can be a great way to improve.

2 Likes

Valid. It all depends how I’m feeling at the moment. I have spent hours at a time throwing the same trick til I get it.

1 Like

It ebbs and flows a bit but I usually have only one combo I’m working on learning at a time. I might also be trying to learn a few simpler elements on their own or just refining/smoothing other stuff.

1 Like

One trick at a time unless it’s obvious that the tricks are either very closely related (or for that matter one being the advancement of another such as Kwijibo and Calypso) or if they flow together naturally.

1 Like

Multiple but different styles. I work on a 1A element on each hand before I try to add it into my 3A. But while I’m working on that I’m generally working on my next 3A trick too. Then I’m always working on looping at least once a week just because it’s my favorite way to fidget.

1 Like

Im just getting started, still working on beginner throws. But I always need to be working on a few different tricks so I can try something different after repeated fails :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i usually have multiple stuff im working on in parallel.

2 Likes

Well, since I am not that good I open up youtube and learn the intermediate tricks in like an hour.

1 Like