Do you draw?

Thank you.

I’m a lot more used to normal portraits, but I think manga-style is good practice because it forces you think about the underlying form instead of just trying to copy what you see.

It’s been a while, but I’m sure people out there still draw, right?

How do you do that? Do you sketch it out end then sharpie it? It’s amazing!

Thanks. I started off with a normal pencil drawing, and then added charcoal pencil to get the contrast up on the darker parts. In general, starting with harder pencils (any H pencil or HB, or just normal writing pencils work fine) is good to plan out the composition and work out the proportions in light lines. Then you can gradually get darker with softer pencils (B pencils/charcoal), or just by using more pressure on the pencil, or ink or whatever once you’ve worked out where the darker marks need to go.

Hey Yossarian…

Just looking around the forum today and noticed a familiar image. You wouldn’t by chance have a high quality or could get me one of this could you? Been awhile since I’ve seen “fan art” of something I’ve done, even if this post is a bit older.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2260/1802187730_6f5098a0df.jpgIJAA by Sarah_Jones, on Flickr

1 Like

That is such a cool photograph. I remember seeing it way back (probably on another forum), and I think a few people were actually doing fan-arts of it and posting them as well, if I remember correctly. I should still have the drawing around somewhere, so I’ll see if I can find it and get a high quality image of it.

I sometimes draw;)
I discovered this thread and wanted to share some drawings that I made some time ago.
A bit of art😅

5 Likes

WoW @Chaman! Really impressive. The one with the swimming fish reminded me of Eshers Three Worlds.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I have always had the ability with the pencil, since I was little.
Sometimes I also tattoo some friends, but I do not dedicate myself to this, it is a hobby.
It’s funny that I’m left-handed to draw but to play yo-yo I hook the rope to my right hand;)
Hahaha…
Greetings!

1 Like