DD Assassin vs Anomaly Euphonious...and other SS throws

I can’t find the Euphonius anywhere, but maybe you’ve got a lead on one. If the Vow is still available, I love that thing as much as I love the Assassin. So that’s my recommendation.

TLDR Tangents: I watched a live insta by Dressel and he said this new run of Assassins releasing tonight is smoother than the original run so I’m internally struggling about getting another one. I never noticed vibe when I got it, but of course once he said that, I checked and it’s got that tiny amount of vibe that doesn’t affect anything, but of course you might think you’d be better off without. Most of my YYF and CLWY and other great throws have similar vibe and I’m just trying to get over it because as loads of you pointed out over the years of posts here, fingernail vibe doesn’t really make a difference.

1 Like

I got one of the new ones and mine has light fingernail vibe. I doubt you’re missing out!

Found a blue Quiz on the BST!

3 Likes

Got the Zeekio Alpha Steel today. I like it a whole lot, but I think the flat bearing and lack of machining quality really hold it back. I have to concentrate to keep things on plane (not the worst thing in the world, but I usually pack a KK in the yoyos I carry to alleviate this a bit) and there are very visible machining marks all around the exterior surface. Some of the marks can be felt. Mine also has very noticeable vibe on one half. It’s really not a bad yoyo, but DD definitely has this price point locked down with the Assassin as far as I am concerned. If Zeekio offered it for $60 or less as-is, or perhaps $65 with a KK bearing I would gladly recommend it - but as it stands I don’t think this is a $70 yoyo. I can’t blame Zeekio too much for the price point because there aren’t many readily-available steel yoyos available for less than this. Really makes me appreciate what Patrick is offering.

4 Likes

Vali 2 is the best stainless steel throw😎. It’s also 50$

1 Like

This is probably one of the biggest things I like I about the yo-yo community.

We all have different preferences.

What you’re saying about the Euphonious vs Assassin is quite literally the exact opposite from my experience! I feel that the Assassin plays more solid, is more stable, and (DEFINITELY) spins longer. It’s also more comfortable in the hand, and I think that’s because of the design of the gap. The light nimbleness of the Assassin makes it move a lot easier than the Euphonious, in my experience.

I absolutely love the Assassin! I really liked the Euphonious when it came out. I’ve owned three of them. lol And I’ve got another Assassin in the cart (gotta have a backup!).

IMO, Josh @Deadboots, get a Euphonious! I think then you’ll have a good idea of your preferences much like Hanker and myself.

3 Likes

Yeah euphonious is great! Gave me TONS of inspiration to do a pocket steelie of my own with the assassin, and Ryan is a great guy

2 Likes

I second getting the Euphonious, it was the best pocket yoyo that came out in 2019 and it was really cheap compared to everything else back then, only $60!

Great call on the Quiz, man. I threw a Pixel in it and it is just awesome for laid back play. Exactly what I was looking for in a slimmer steel.

1 Like

Yaaassssssss. Glad I had a positive impact!