Could it change?

There could be a lot new metals, the problem is that it would be so expensive it wouldn’t be practical.

i say at worlds, we push the online yoyo community a little more, 2012 still didnt have people on the forums. Good people too

if you read the comments there, someone mentioned the henry’s lizard, as well as the prepro 2006 envy, but neither have the same type of cutout

Enough about hubstacks. They were popular when they came out, and for a while after. There isn’t much you can do with conventional hubstacks though, and they get old after a while, as well as add useless center weight. I think expansion upon YoYoJam’s Synergy concept could lend to some pretty out-of-this-world tricks.

Synergy caps and hubstacks are almost the same thing… And I see hubstacks getting dull in 1a but in 4a it can add tons to the style!! With z-stacks (and synergy caps a bit more difficult) you can catch the yoyo mid air and do orbit style tricks by throwing the yoyo underneath your leg/arm/back and recatching the yoyo by the hubs. It also makes tricks like the double leg shoulder whip much easier since you don’t sacrifice sleep time with hand grinds. If anything they need to bring more stacks into 4a since long sleeps are not top priority in most cases.

I'm sure yoyos will change, because companies need to keep putting new(and hopefully beter) things out onto the market to stay profitable and in business. But what the new and radical thing is,well, no one knows what it is until it happens.

I believe he meant the new lateral caps, which are a bit different from synergy caps and hubstacks.
4a hubstacks are definitely a blast though, more people need to do them.

Perhaps someone will improve upon the rotating rim design? (like the photon spirit and synergy had)

This is a small innovation, but I have been thinking about Hubstack Side Effects.

look up rsms, or rotating side members

2 Likes

I’m not directly saying hub stacks, I was thinking more of something on the side of a yoyo that spins on a bearing. I feel like there is a lot more you could do with that.

I actually disagree with saying that yoyoing has become flatlined.

1a has been noticing a lot of progression style wise. Back a few years ago, everyone’s style was focused on small technical tricks that mostly just involved using as many string layers as possible.

Many new innovations in style and concepts seem to be surfacing now. The tricks in the YoYoJam theory video are a perfect example of new concepts that are being explored now. Styles such as that of Isaac sams and Anthony Rojas are truly innovative and show that 1a is still fresh and has plenty of life still left.

In essence, we’re just getting started.

What if the yoyo had a one way bearing? Like the whole rim was a “hubstack”. You could do finger grinds forever! But it would still bind, I think

Wow, I had no idea those existed. I want to get those now!

do you mean like the photon spirit and yyj synergy?

I’ve been trying to make that idea work! The closest I’ve come is making very large z-stacks with a lip for endless thumb grinds. As for the post directly above this, I’d live to see the photon spirit design on some 4a yoyos or some cap system like those that could fit into different throws similar to yyj synergy caps.

what about using carbon fiber w metal rims? not sure if it would be to lite?

Maybe a yoyo with multiple bearings. So there would be 3 sections to a yoyo. Could be interesting.

I think the is a lot that you could do with the stunt peg side effects. Many people say the downfall of side effects is that it’s center weight. To make side effects that mess with the rim would be awesome. Werrd already has a head start with the Delrin thingys.

1 Like