Core Co. Standard - A Thorough Review

I also have a coreco std… and I have a

The Standard consists of three individual pieces per half: an aluminum H-shaped Core, a thin delrin Shell, and a small brass spacer. The Standard’s shells are thin enough to flex and bounce, but sturdy enough not to crack. This makes for an incredibly durable yo-yo, and also means it doesn’t hurt nearly as much as a full metal yo-yo if you get a snag or a weird bind. These Delrin shells are also made to be easily swappable, which means that if you damage your yo-yo you can always make it fresh again with a new pair of Shells(rebuild kits coming soon).

As time goes on Core Co. will be releasing alternative colored and shaped Shells, all backwards compatible with the current Standard Core. The Standard’s play is one of a kind, it has all the fun, comfortable feeling of a plastic throw with the smoothness and performance you expect from a high end metal.

So it’s been two years now, and I’m wondering… is coreco ever planning to release more delrin shells or metal cores for the standard? I really like this idea, I think it’s pretty unique in the field (as far as I know?) … but if they never release any alternate parts for the standard, what’s the point of making it so “modular” in the first place?

1 Like