Contest: design your dream colorway, with prizes, ends 3/5

The last vote on colorways inspired me.

If you could design a new colorway, one that’s never been done before… what would it look like? Post a picture :framed_picture: of your dream colorway!

• Must be a new colorway never before seen on any existing yo-yo
  • Can include laser engravings
  • Your colorway should not require hand painted art or manual intervention, your design should be, at least in theory, possible to automate and produce a “run” of using current yo-yo machining and anodizing technology

Submit your proposed new colorway in the replies, below, and after one month, on 3/5/2019, the three best submissions as judged by post :heart: likes will win one of these faaabulous prizes

1st :1st_place_medal: NIB AHAY Sagittarius 7075 in rainbow, with extra NIB bearings, strings, and pads
2nd :2nd_place_medal: TopYo Selene in half-swap blue/grey swirl
3rd :3rd_place_medal: SF SF in birthday

How do I make my own colorway image to submit?

You want the goodies, you’re gonna need to learn some image editing skillz. These kinds of skillz might come in useful later in your life, who knows? Just to get you started, maybe grab a blank yo-yo image like these

image image

(These are just examples, you do not need to use these specific yo-yo images. Pick whatever you like!)

Once you have the yo-yo to “draw” on you’ll want to follow online image editing tutorials using the photoshop type image editing tool of your choice to overlay designs / fades / splashes / splatters / engravings / whatever on top of the yo-yo template.

If you’re feeling extra frisky you could also do this sort of thing in 3D modelling software, the kind of software you would actually design a real yo-yo in.

But computers scare and frighten me, Jeff!

It’s perfectly acceptable to draw like an animal, using pencils, markers, crayons, pens, finger paint, whatever you like, then take a picture of it and submit it.

Winners Posted

See this post for the winners! Congrats all!

16 Likes