Comparing OD top deck and rev1

Anyone who has both can make a comparison between these two. I love the rev1, considering getting a top deck… but i dont know if its gonna be as good as the rev1

It’s better IMO

3 Likes

The Top Deck is a freak of nature. It has the comfort profile of an organic with the performance characteristics of a bi-metal. You look at it and you don’t expect it to have the power it has. If you want it at its most stable, you will probably want to swap out the flat bearing for a centering bearing, but if you want it at its most powerful, leave the flat bearing in. Either way, I think you’ll be shocked at how it combines extraordinary comfort and performance. I have a Rev.1, and as much as I like it, it simply isn’t comparable to a Top Deck.

9 Likes

A must have eh?

I feel like the top deck has more mid and center weight. The rev1 is lighter on the string and more stable . I also fee rev 1 is a bit faster but I think the top deck is more fun to play

4 Likes

This is it in a nutshell. I feel like the Rev1 actually performs better overall, but I prefer how the Top Deck feels in play. Top Deck also seems to spin longer through combos, at least with a concave bearing in it.

1 Like

I am almost positive that the Top Deck has less center weight than the Rev.1. In fact, I doubt there are very many aluminum yoyos from any reputable manufacturer with less center weight than a Top Deck. This is due to how perilously thin it is around the hub (I’ve never seen any other alu yoyo break the way a Top Deck can). This accounts for its insane weight distribution, which I seriously doubt was copied for any other One Drop yoyo, not even the Rev.1, which I acknowledge is shaped very much like a Top Deck.

3 Likes

Well the rim slants down towards the center hub in the cup of the yoyo. In my opinion this is the biggest difference. The rev plays much more stable to me and holds plane a bit better since there is a thinner wall in the cup on the rev.

The rim design on the top deck to me seems to be a deliberate design to add a bit more weight towards the middle and center of the yoyo. I am not saying that this yoyo is meant to be center weighted or anything but I do feel that the top deck has a more well rounded weight distribution than the rev.

this is from the one drop website regarding the rev

The design itself is based on a Top Deck so you’ll notice it has a similar profile shape, but don’t be fooled, the weight distribution and cup are changed radically and it plays like a totally different beast. If you happen to have a Top Deck, you can get the comparison party started early when you have the first Rev. Like the Top Deck, it’s made of 7075 alloy.

this is just my two cents , take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes