Collectors: a curse or a blessing?

I like to consider myself a collector. I like to buy all the fancy colorways and all the different choice, but I have low income and can’t buy too much, but it’s a growing collection.

I’m the opposite, I consider myself a player, but I’ve racked up a pretty decent collection just because I’m always enamoured with the shiny new toys these companies put out. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really about what you can afford. If you can acquire 10 OG Peaks, by all means.

I started off only buying inexpensive yo-yos, because I wasn’t sure the hobby was going to stick. I buy the spectrum now, but I still prefer a budget/value yo-yo that plays great. It’s definitely a great hobby when you can collect, no matter what income level you’re in.

thanks for the comments, everyone.

Overall, it’s good to see that there seem to be less hard feelings about the collecting side of the buying business. And it made me realize that some of the worries and concerns I had probably come from the fact that I’m more of a collector as well.

As it was stated already: in these days good yoyos are easy to come by so there shouldn’t be a worry to be left with lower-than-average quality yoyos.

The remarks to the BST, I can not fully share, though. As a European, it’s a bit more difficult for me to buy yoyos on the second hand market. That is not to say that I haven’t done that, just not on the US market. And since that one is the bigger one compared to the European market, sometimes I envy US players that have more choice available to them that way.